Phillips County trunking

Zortmanfire

Premium Subscriber
New to scanner life. Was wondering if I’m doing something wrong. Phillips County in Montana has police/fire frequencies on the basic county look up. But I noticed on the Phillips Co trunking system they have frequencies there too. I programmed the trunking side as well BUT I’m getting departments that are Phillips Co AND others in the area as well. I must have done something wrong with sentinel while programming my Uniden 436HP. Can someone kindly tell me what I did? I’m not really familiar with the trunking part yet. Thank you.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
What are you wanting to listen to? Just Phillips County on the trunked system? If so just program in the Phillips County Talkgroups, nothing else. If your in ID Search and a Talkgroup becomes active and you don’t want to listen to it press the “avoid” key once for a “soft lockout” it will clear once power is cycled on and off. If you don’t want to listen to it ever
press the “avoid” key twice this will be a hard lockout and you will have to manually reset via the keyboard or Sentinel software.
What trunked radio sites do you have programmed? Saco, Antione Butte, Highwood, Chinook, HCSO.
What Phillips County talkgroups do you have programmed?
73, Rex

Zortmanfire

Premium Subscriber
Whoa Rex, have you looked into my radio? Haha. That is exactly the 5 I have programmed. But for some odd reason. 151.370 comes in and I do hear PC, but also I’m hearing MHP and another LE dept on that frequency. I’m also guessing dispatch for PC encrypted, but I can hear the deputies.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
I don’t receive a lot of traffic from the “Highline” just occasionally from the Highwood site and it is usually Hill County.
I have previously picked up Talkgroup 8379 which I believe is Phillips County Sheriff, but I don’t get enough traffic for long enough to verify. I think it is Phillips Co Sheriff based upon Radio ID (uid) 1112xx. Also Talkgroup 8415 for Phillips County also
based upon Radio ID (uid). If you can verify these please submit them so the database can be updated.
73, Rex

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
The 151.37 frequency is a “voice channel” from the Saco trunked radio site. Most any agency on the State Trunked Radio system will be able to use that same frequency. Phillips , Hill, Blaine, Toole, MHP, etc not specific to any one agency like the old conventional radio system.

Zortmanfire

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I’m still learning with the scanner 436HP and how to program with sentinel. But I have noticed that the frequencies on the main Phillips Co page I believe dead because I have not heard anything out of those frequencies in about six months. Well I have to turn on ID search to figure out which one is PC?

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
The old frequencies for Phillips County are probably only used for back up when the Trunked system goes down.
I would turn on ID Search to identify talkgroups in your area. While scanning, press the “Func” then “E/YES to toggle from ID Search to ID Scan.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Sent you a PM, let me know if you got it.
Log in to your account, then next to the “envelope “ symbol should be a red circle with a number,
click on envelope symbol to access it.
73, Rex

tvengr

Well Known Member
But I noticed on the Phillips Co trunking system they have frequencies there too. I programmed the trunking side as well BUT I’m getting departments that are Phillips Co AND others in the area as well.
You only want to use the 2 Phillips County sites:
1 (1)020 (14)Antoine ButtePhillips151.325153.860153.980c155.310c
1 (1)021 (15)SacoPhillips151.145c151.160151.295c151.370155.835
What is your city or town to determine the best site?
The database does not show any talkgroups for Phillips County. You will need to use ID Search to find the talkgroups.