Philly Radio Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilekhc

Im new to this, I just got a new Baofeng UV5R 136-174/400-480 MHz Dual-Band radio. I go to college in Philly and I wanted to know if anyone recommended any good Fire, EMS and flight medical frequencies in the range for my radio in the area. Any ideas and help would be great.

Thank you

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
The entire City of Philadelphia police/fire/municipal services can be found here:

Philadelphia (Project 25) Trunking System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

The city uses a trunked system in the 800 MHz frequency band. I'm afraid your radio may not be able to follow the city.

There may be some EMS you could find in your frequency range, but the main system is in the 800 band. Try looking around here:

Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

phillydjdan

If you are interested in surrounding counties, you are in luck. Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester all have analog frequencies you can put into your radio. They all have dispatch channels, as well as simulcasts channels that rebroadcast the respective channels from their trunked systems. Unfortunately you are out of luck for the city itself. They no longer use any VHF or UHF for fire or EMS comms.

bilekhc

If you are interested in surrounding counties, you are in luck. Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester all have analog frequencies you can put into your radio. They all have dispatch channels, as well as simulcasts channels that rebroadcast the respective channels from their trunked systems. Unfortunately you are out of luck for the city itself. They no longer use any VHF or UHF for fire or EMS comms.

Ya do you have any recommended channels that you like to listen to for those right outside the city?

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Ya do you have any recommended channels that you like to listen to for those right outside the city?

"just outside the city" encompasses a pretty large area in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, go to the following link and click on each county outside the city you are interested in and you'll see what frequencies are available.

For Pennsylvania:

Pennsylvania Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

For New Jersey:

New Jersey Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.