Pittsburgh School Police are now DIGITAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda been waiting for this to hit. I figured either PAT Police or the School Police would hit digital first as guinea pig. School Police makes the most sense. Probably PAT next.

Sooooo.... the new digital repeater is 471.4875 - P25 NAC F18.

I'm definiteley going with a Shack or GRE unit since they are more sensitive and I tend to hang out on the low power police frequencies. Just not sure whether I really need the NAC function for squelch. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone local has a digital scanner and could share their thoughts. Will the Pro-96 be acceptable?

impalaholla

I have a radio shack digital scanner base!!!

I do not know how to program my digital scanner using frequencies that are not 800. I have tried to program P-25 Frequencies into my digital scanner but it does not seem to work the same as the 800 frequencies. I have westmoreland county digital 800 frequencies in my scanner and it works geeat!! But when I tried to put childrens hospital's new p-25 frequencies system into my scanner it did not work right and I still got was that annoying buzzing sound. I am not sure about the Pitytsburgh City schools frequency I will have to get back at you about that. But having a digital scanner is definitely the way to go since I have a feeling that more and more agencies are going to convert over to it in the future.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Childrens hospital is not P-25 they are using Mototrbo. It is unmonitorable with a scanner.

For the school police just punch it into your scanner like a conventional channel. It should detect the p25 transmission.

Frank

mule1075

Feed Provider
Frank is correct as far as my monitoring .the school police is running p-25 from time to time but i have only heard them once using it a good while back also i must say.as was said Mototrbo is not monitorable at this time.Adam
Childrens hospital is not P-25 they are using Mototrbo. It is unmonitorable with a scanner.

For the school police just punch it into your scanner like a conventional channel. It should detect the p25 transmission.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.