HP-2: Pre-install for Win10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafw4202

Premium Subscriber
My HP-2 was just delivered and I am hoping to fend off some of the USB issues I am reading about.

I have a current model ASUS laptop that came with Win10x64. I just returned a RS Pro-668 for the driver issues among others. I removed all the 668 drivers and software. I cleaned up all the port referencing, registry leavings, and hidden device manager instances.

I looked on the Uniden site and could not find any information about Win10 or x64 drivers or suggested steps to do prior to hooking up the HP2.

Am I overlooking anything? There is some talk about other drivers out there but it did not seem like there was a consensus on the need for them. All help is greatly appreciated!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sentinel uses the mass storage drivers (standard windows drivers). There are no issues with that.

Other serial mode issues you are seeing is not driver related. Copy from a post I made elsewhere:

After further investigation, we found that .NET Framework 2.0 for Windows 10 has a bug.
If we call GetPortNames API, .NET Framework 2.0 returns incorrect port names and adds 'strange' characters after the port name.

Others are also reporting this.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32040209/serialport-getportnames-returns-incorrect-port-names

But .NET Framework 4.0 or later don't have this issue.

This cannot be fixed by the driver (which is OK). Software authors must recompile their programs to use .NET Framework 4.0 (or later). We are in the process of checking/revising our software as needed. We cannot do anything about 3rd party software (i.e. ARC, Freescan, etc) not working, other than letting the software authors know what we’ve discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.