PRO-107 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorbapt

My Pro-107 wont work on a trunking channel that is pre programmed into the library, but it works on the conventional frequency, does anybody know why it wont work on trunking?

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Which trunking system? What state, county and agency are you talking about? What does the RR database have to say for that system?

taylorbapt

I dont know what trunked sytem it is. im a beginner to scanners, but its Shawnee, Oklahoma Police Department, Fire And Rescue. I dont know what a RR database is

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
The city of Shawnee is in Pottawatomie County, Ok. You need to know the country, state, county and municipality or agency name to look it up in the RadioReference.com database (The Database tab on the RadioReference.com web site). This is what I'm referring to when I say "RR database".

If you want to see what it looks like, go to the Database and drill down by country and state to Oklahoma then look for statewide trunking systems. If you don't find what you're looking for, look under the county for the same info both in conventional and trunked systems.

As a scanner newbie there's no way you'll be able to program the trunked system in by hand (probably) so I suggest you invest in a programming cable and appropriate software plus a premium membership to radioreference.com which will let you load up the scanner for you.

The State of Oklahoma Trunking System (Motorola Type II SmartZone running Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface digital) does indeed have the talkgroups you want. You'll need to enter the site's control channels into the scanner and the desired talkgroup ID with their text-tags. Like I said - easier with software and a paid subscription.

Even if the data is correctly programmed into your scanner, if the talkgroups you want to listen to are using digital, you'll need a much better signal than for analog reception. I often hear digital comms as nothing but a series of clicks and pops or buzz-saw sounds unless I'm stationary and/or right next to one of the repeaters.

Looking at the PRO-107 it appears this is an analog trunking scanner and will not decode digital (APCO-P25) signals anyway. If you want to listen to any digital talkgroups, you'll need a different scanner. Fortunately the Pottawatomie County police and fire are all using analog voice.

You may want to check into updating the built-in frequencies with the included PC interface. Without reading the manuals, I can't tell you if or how that would be done but it sounds like it's an option.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
As a scanner newbie there's no way you'll be able to program the trunked system in by hand (probably) so I suggest you invest in a programming cable and appropriate software plus a premium membership to radioreference.com which will let you load up the scanner for you.

Bob, the Pro-107 programs from the internal SD memory card that has the RR Database and will automatically load the trunking information.

Looking at the current library (72) for the Pro-107, it looks like Shawnee and many of the other towns and cities are on conventional frequencies. For trunking, the "State of Oklahoma" system covers that area and is scanable with this scanner as it is primarily a analog system. I would put the trunk system in a different scan list than Shawnee and the other communities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.