Is there a method to change the Decimal/Hex ID format display somewhere?You need to setup the PV wildcard under the trunking tab in the software. Follow these steps in the software:
1. On the General tab, under the display settings, turn simple display OFF
2. You should now see a trunked systems tab, click on it
3. Select/highlight the appropriate system
4. Click on the Radio ID Tab
5. Click the Add Wildcard button, you can also manually add Radio ID's here
6. Upload the new config to your SD card
Hope this helps
If we're referring to the two IDs ("xxxx -> yyyy") that are shown on the 3rd text line of the LCD while monitoring a "private call" transmission, then the values are always shown in hexadecimal.You may want to verify that. I'm not convinced this poster made any changes to his General Settings unless he was unaware of the change he made.
So if it's set general settings to Hex for the display it will show the RadioID and TGID in Hex, or just the RadioID?If we're referring to the two IDs ("xxxx -> yyyy") that are shown on the 3rd text line of the LCD while monitoring a "private call" transmission, then the values are always shown in hexadecimal.
For some reason, I had it in my head that we were referring to the display of "RadioID: xxxxx" on the bottom line of the LCD while receiving a talkgroup transmission on a MOT or EDACS system - in that case, my above is correct.