pro-197-over load problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twanchese

Premium Subscriber
when i try to listen to weather channel 162.425 with anntena radio came with i have to turn on att button to here channel if i use my discone 130 nj anntena i have to turn on att button an use att- 20 attenuator 0.1-1000 MHz to listen to weather channel i have four towers around me one fm an one am an two cell towers i think HELP ps I thought programing this radio was hard now can i get rid of over load problem i live in wanchese nc . county dare 27981 the outer banks nc Twanchese@aol.com 252-473-5023

Last edited:

HOLEBILLY

I have the same problem with the 197. If I use the antenna the radio came with I can listen to Ohio Marcs which is the state police, if I use a outside antenna to listen to other police freqs I get overload on Marcs. I turn on the att on Marcs and it satill overloads. If you find out how to solve this problem please let me know.

N1BHH

Solve the issue this way, activate the Global Attenuator and that should do it. There are some areas where attenuation helps. The thing you must remember is this covers a wide range of frequencies and is susceptible to all the other sources of RF out there. The VHF band in and near big cities and radio towers. I run attenuation on all VHF frequencies and when I go into the city I activate the Global attenuation. I sometime have to do the same on UHF, but this is the price we pay for living in a place where there are all kinds of RF sources all about us.

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I had a lot of noise on my pro 197 when I connected a omni antenna on vhf and I got a inline FM trap at Radio Shack , the trap took care of the noise.

Twanchese

Premium Subscriber
pro 197 over load problem

I have the same problem with the 197. If I use the antenna the radio came with I can listen to Ohio Marcs which is the state police, if I use a outside antenna to listen to other police freqs I get overload on Marcs. I turn on the att on Marcs and it satill overloads. If you find out how to solve this problem please let me know.

Holebilly its Twanchese i think i fixed my problem had to get att-20 attenuator from scanner master an use the globle-att button an now with the att on an one turn of the att -20 attenuator iam able to get my RSSI down to 660-695 witch is ok not overloading radio ps need more help call me 252-473-5023 be glad to help you Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.