Pro-197 Programming Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentComer

Hi to all, just bought the Pro-197 for my dad as Christmas gift, I also purchased the Arc500 software and USB programming cable. Straight out of the box, I downloaded the USB drivers and my conventional channels, screwed up on the second try with the software and did not get the trunked channels. For some reason I only had 2 downloads with my Key code, $35 for 2 downloads? I did manage to save the conventional channels, but am I just out of luck on the trunking channels unless I pay more $$?

When trying to transfer my conventional channels to the unit, nothing transfers over. I have been reading around and I know that: I am using the correct cable, the green light on the cable does blink when transfering data (so the COM port is good), and the scanlists in the software are all set to 1? However, I still get the error saying there is nothing to scan.

Much thanks for any input before I loose my cool

BrentComer

I will try Win500, just hate to loose the $35 I have for Arc500. I think RR only lets you download 2 times, not the software, after that you have to subscribe to RR.

Still not suderstanding the fact that I have a conventional channel list save, but its not transfering the data to the scanner. Green light blinks on the USB cable and the channels are set to scan list 1 in the software, but the scanner doesnt recieve anything.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Is the ScanList1 turned "ON", for example you can have something programmed in SL1, then press scan 1and you must turn it on as when it starts scanning for the first time its NOT "ON" yet....Just a thought....

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Is Arc500 and Win500 the same. I think he said Arc500 from Butel was the software he used. will it only let you do it twice??? I use win500.

He did, I was wrong. since I use Starrsoft products on all of my RS scanners, the brain is wired to think about that one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.