Pro-96: Pro-96/2096 Wall-Wart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone point me to a source for a quality wall-wart for the pro-96/2096? Just received one I ordered from Amazon that has adjustable voltage, w/six tips, and non of them fit properly (SoulBay branding).

Thanks.

hill

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-96 uses 9 VDC and a C tip from Radio Shack.

The PRO-2096 uses 12 VDC and the T tip also from Radio Shack.

Going forward the tip for the PRO-2096 would most likely be hard to find with the pin in the center of it. If you still have any Radio Shacks in your area should have these in stock, as the one near my work has them.

Joseph11

This will work with your PRO-96 100%. You may want to double check, but I believe this will work for the PRO-2096.

tip

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all! Ordered from Radio Shack... cheapest I found!

Also just picked up a 2096! These still handle about 80% of my scanning needs.

trp2525

Thanks all! Ordered from Radio Shack... cheapest I found!...

I'm surprised that Radio Shack had a 9-volt adapter with the proper tip for your PRO-96 that was cheaper than the 9-volt 400 mA adapter from Whistler for $9.95 that RR member Joseph11 recommended above: https://whistlergroup.com/collectio.../products/ac-adapter-for-ws1010-ws1025-ws1040

Out of curiosity how much did the 9-volt adapter and proper tip cost at Radio Shack and do you have a link(s) in case anybody else here at RR needs to order one for their PRO-96?

wbswetnam

The ultra-cheap (< $5) route is to go to a thrift store and rummage through the bin of adapters for both the proper voltage / amperage and possibly another adapter that has the correct plug. If the adapter you buy doesn't have the correct plug, cut it off and marry the correct plug from the other adapter - just be very careful that you get the polarity correct! Make 100% SURE by checking with a meter first before plugging it into the radio!

tip

Premium Subscriber
Of course you are right (otherwise you wouldn't have posted)!

I neglected to point out that I went for the variable voltage model from RS, with "T" and "C" tips. Six and change for each tip. and twenty for the adapter (1000mA), w/7 voltage settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.