PRO-97 - HELP programming trunking - MOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportster64

Ok - I'm confused - I am trying to enter the Lower Allen township trunking frequencies into a bank (search 17055 area code - PA, Cumberland County ) I have them entered - but I am not recieving anything. I put those 4 or 5 frequencies in and set it to "MOT". Something is not setup correctly though. Any help. It says it is Motorola typeII smartnet if that helps.

Last edited:

rpowley

Make sure the Bank and the frequencies are set to MOT. Check if you are getting any control "noise" on the control channel. Check out the attached reference card as a quick reference. Also you need to run the Bank in open mode.

Attachments

• PRO-97_2.pdf
    95.7 KB · Views: 247

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Make sure you have each channel set to MOT as well as the bank.
If you scan that bank in closed mode (-) you will only hear the talkgroups that you entered.
If you scan that bank in open mode (+) you will hear ALL talkgroups as they become active.

EDIT: Ron, you beat me again!!!

sportster64

OK - it is in "open" mode for the bank . I did check each channel - they are all set to "mot". How do I check that the "bank" is set to "mot" ?
WHen I hit manual and go through the channels - I do get noise on the one freq - 859.98750 - but not on the control channel - 860.98750. Is that normal ?

rpowley

sportster64 said:
OK - it is in "open" mode for the bank . I did check each channel - they are all set to "mot". How do I check that the "bank" is set to "mot" ?
WHen I hit manual and go through the channels - I do get noise on the one freq - 859.98750 - but not on the control channel - 860.98750. Is that normal ?
1. Press PGM
2. Repeatedly press FUNC, then ▲ or ▼ to select
next bank up or down OR hold ▲ or ▼ to
continuously scroll to desired bank
3. Press TRUNK
4. Press MODE to select trunking system type

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
To set the bank - navigate to the bank and press PGM>TRUNK>Mode to MOT. It appears all four freqs in the system will rotate Control Channel duties dally. Recheck around midnight to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.