BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Problem with UNIDEN UBCD 3600XLT

JvdK

I think this FW is only for 2022 and newer scanners.
No, it should be working on all UBCD3600XLT’s. To be able to install this new firmware you need the latest version of Sentinel. Once updated you got an extention of some bands (see annex)

It looks like someone at Uniden is a little P.O. (refering to the remark about “internet smart guys”).

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Ubbe

No need to update Sentinel. I could upgrade using the old version of Sentinel. They have made the firmware download available during the last couple of days. You only need the new Sentinel for entering frequencies in the expanded frequency range, as Sentinel has frequency restrictions in its program, but you can use the old Sentinel to upgrade to 1.28.15 just fine. Sentinel has no control over what firmware version you download, its the scanner that do the compare.

I don't know who wrote that message that JvdK showed us but it is totally wrong.

/Ubbe

JvdK

No need to update Sentinel. I could upgrade using the old version of Sentinel. They have made the firmware download available during the last couple of days. You only need the new Sentinel for entering frequencies in the expanded frequency range, as Sentinel has frequency restrictions in its program, but you can use the old Sentinel to upgrade to 1.28.15 just fine. Sentinel has no control over what firmware version you download, its the scanner that do the compare.

I don't know who wrote that message that JvdK showed us but it is totally wrong.

/Ubbe

I got this message from a Dutch Uniden 3600XLT facebook group. I asked where he got this information from and (not surprising) it was posted on facebook by Avera-Distributing. The P.O. reaction was not from Uniden but from Avera-Distributing. My sincere apologies to Uniden!

Screenshot from Dutch facebook group:

IMG_0685.jpeg

Last edited: