Problems monitoring National Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefil

I have been programming the scanner using both Sentinel and ARC 536 PRO software. It doesn't seem very easy but I have been for the most part successful if I am programming local/county/state frequencies .have been trying to enter the National Maritime VHF and Nationwide Railroad frequencies but have not been able to get the system to work. I have checked range, location, enabling the list to be monitored but I still get the message nothing to scan. I have enabled the service types as well...what am I missing here?

As an FYI, I did post this question to the Uniden website forum with no responses

Voyager

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but you can try the "Service Search" FLs on the BCD436HP Yahoo Group files section and see if that works for the Marine and RR freqs.

marksmith

Well... not knowing what radio you are using I will just take a guess so you at least get a response.

This happens in 396xt 396T 996xt 996T and other similar memory setup radios if once you enter the groups you don't activate the quick keys for those groups after giving the groups quick key assignments.

If you assigned numbers to the groups in the system (of conventional frequencies from your description) you also need to turn on the keys you assigned in the software to these groups.

Not familiar with this specific software but it's true of all of them.

Just taking a shot and giving you something to check. Could be a lot of things.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

phask

Premium Subscriber
I also have no idea what IS wrong, using Sentinel this should take all of 5 minutes to create a fav. list. Doing it with Arc might have something different.

I'd guess no quick key since you say you have service types on - Marine has OTHER on many. FWIW.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In sentinel, edit profile. Look to see your FL is set to download and monitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.