Pro-164: Programing Trunked System using Win97

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinHartigan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. Ok so basically I have a pro-164 and also have the software Win97. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program a trunked motorola II system into Win97, I have searched the internet, forums and I just cant find anything. Somebody please help me. I am trying to program the Sacramento Regional Radio Communications system.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried to do a web import? That would be the easiest way. Keep in mind that you can only import 150 talkgroup ids.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SRRCS with WIN97 in PRO-164 (PSR-300)

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. Ok so basically I have a pro-164 and also have the software Win97. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program a trunked motorola II system into Win97, I have searched the internet, forums and I just cant find anything. Somebody please help me. I am trying to program the Sacramento Regional Radio Communications system.
Learning how to program a trunked system has a steep learning curve the first time. And since the Sacramento systems are rebanded, there is an extra step you must do to make the scanner track them properly.

I'd be happy to send you a WIN97 file that you can simply program into your PRO-164 and you'd be good to go. Then you can use that as a starting point to customize as you'd like. PM me with your email address and I'll send it.

The key steps to programming in WIN97 are:
Pick a bank you want to use for SRRCS (bank 0?)
In that bank program in the control channel frequencies (4 max)
Set the mode of that bank to "trunked"
In that bank select custom band-plan of "rebanded 800MHz MOT"
If you set the bank to "open", you can scan it and will hear everything.
To control what you hear, set the bank to "closed", and program desired TalkGroups.
TalkGroups use a code such as 53200 (that's Metro Fire A1)
Optionally program alpha tags for each TG you program

ColinHartigan

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I just purchased the 180 day premium membership so I have the web import option should I use that or the download file
Learning how to program a trunked system has a steep learning curve the first time. And since the Sacramento systems are rebanded, there is an extra step you must do to make the scanner track them properly.

I'd be happy to send you a WIN97 file that you can simply program into your PRO-164 and you'd be good to go. Then you can use that as a starting point to customize as you'd like. PM me with your email address and I'll send it.

The key steps to programming in WIN97 are:
Pick a bank you want to use for SRRCS (bank 0?)
In that bank program in the control channel frequencies (4 max)
Set the mode of that bank to "trunked"
In that bank select custom band-plan of "rebanded 800MHz MOT"
If you set the bank to "open", you can scan it and will hear everything.
To control what you hear, set the bank to "closed", and program desired TalkGroups.
TalkGroups use a code such as 53200 (that's Metro Fire A1)
Optionally program alpha tags for each TG you program

Status
Not open for further replies.