Programming CT State PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORCTOW

Premium Subscriber
I tried programming my digital scanners to csp troop I & G. I'm not a radio guy and am picking up all other troops and judicial vans. Don't want that. Anyone out there that can program these for me? In New Haven county. Thanks Will

ORCTOW

Premium Subscriber
I tried programming my digital scanners to csp troop I & G. I'm not a radio guy and am picking up all other troops and judicial vans. Don't want that. Anyone out there that can program these for me? In Connecticut, New Haven county. Thanks Will

The scanners are Uniden BCD 996XT and BC 796D

w1haf

I don't know what model scanner you are using but all you need to do is go into the talk groups and lockout all the groups you don't want to hear. Then you will just hear the troops I & G that you want.

ORCTOW

Premium Subscriber
I have a few different ones. Bc796 , Bcd996xt. I'm not sure if the talk groups are programmed in correctly. Basically I just entered the frequencies

cg

Premium Subscriber
Are you looking for someone to program your scanners for you or are you looking for help learning how to do it?
Freescan program helps with the setup of the scanner, it is much easier then.

chris

Placid1

Freescan rocks but you do have to hook your scanner(s) to a pc.
Also need a subscription to RR if you want to use their database with it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Programming the scanners for a trunk system is simple but there is a learning curve for those who are not familiar with the terms and names for various trunking and scanner functions.

You can use the information off the website for free if you take the time to learn how to program the scanner.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.