Programming my Pro-94

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedtexan

ok, I've done the search thing.
found plenty and am still confused.
crap! I'm a pretty smart feller but this programming and trunking is totally whacked me out.
I dont mind buying software but when I buy it, where do I get the info from? and how does it help if I dont have any info for it to see? I bought the cable from radio shack because they said it was a must and the cd had all the frequencies I would need, when in reality, its just drivers for the cable install. so now I have a usb cable and out $20 as well.
I tried programming the starnet from my area (Houston, Texas, harris County) and have totally screwed it up.
I've been to the pages that are supposed to be easier instructions, even has pictures. I follow along and it doesnt do what its says its gonna do.
I dont even understand what I'm supposed to input from the harris County info page on this site.

surely I know i sound stupid and really thought buying a scanner would be a turn it on, scan and find the local channels of interest.
Is the pro-94 crap?

signed,
confused

Docster911

If you bought a PRO94 from Radio Shack and they advised you to buy software and a cable, ask them where in the heck you are supposed to connect it?!?

To my knowledge the PRO94 is not a software programmable scanner, you need to exercise your thumbs and forefingers cause they will be busy punching numbers! And if I have missed something along the way, like an upgrade, then the joke is on me.

InlandAZ

You can always take it back - and see if they still have a PRO 95 in the shop (its PC programmable, and a better scanner to boot).

Looks like you've got 2 StarNet systems - one analog, the other isn't stated. Going digital? If so, the 94 and 95's models are not designed to receive digital.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.