Programming Software For R20

Status
Not open for further replies.

302HO

I am looking for some programming software for my R20. What software is good for this radio? And where can i get it?

thanks

302HO

Downloaded the program and hooked up the R20. No matter what i do, i cannot get the computer to talk to it. Some type of communications issue. I am using a usb cable from my digital camera. I am not using the CI-V port of the receiver. Is this the problem? Oh, i also checked the address settings and baud rates. Tried with transceive on and off. Cant get this crazy thing to work.

Need some help.

thank you.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
302HO said:
Downloaded the program and hooked up the R20. No matter what i do, i cannot get the computer to talk to it. Some type of communications issue. I am using a usb cable from my digital camera. I am not using the CI-V port of the receiver. Is this the problem? Oh, i also checked the address settings and baud rates. Tried with transceive on and off. Cant get this crazy thing to work.

Need some help.

thank you.

I'm using the same type of setup. Mine is no special cable either and it works just fine. What version/type of OS is on your PC?

302HO

I am using windows XP with service pack 2. Maybe the cable i am trying to use aint right for the radio. It came with my camera, canon powershot G3 which is several years old.

I have been looking around for the CI-V cable. Have any suggestions on where to purchase?

thank you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Oh yes it does - take a look at the website, and you will find it's listed there. In fact, the HRD forums specifically mentions that to get HRD to talk to the R20, you use the R10 settings. Or is the listing just for CAT control, which I can't imagine the team would forget to mention that small fact.....

73s Mike

Last edited:

302HO

I've already downloaded the HRD. And you dont have to use R10 settings. It actually lists the R20 in the program. Everything is or was ready. Just gotta get this crazy radio to talk to the PC.

TedTed

ka3jjz said:
Oh yes it does - take a look at the website, and you will find it's listed there. In fact, the HRD forums specifically mentions that to get HRD to talk to the R20, you use the R10 settings. Or is the listing just for CAT control, which I can't imagine the team would forget to mention that small fact.....

73s Mike

No, HRD does not program the R20. It only controls the R20 using the CIV jack.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting little fact they didn't put on the website - time to fix the Wiki. Thanks for pointing this out 73s Mike

302HO

TedTed said:
No, HRD does not program the R20. It only controls the R20 using the CIV jack.

Do what now?

Does not program?
It only "controls" the R20?

Please explain...................
thank you

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's no mystery here - 'control' as in reading data from the R20, showing it on the PC, maybe with a very short description of what the freq is (supplied by the user) and perhaps other characteristics of the signal, such as what channel number it is in the radio, ect.. Making the radio scan, or stop scanning, and so on

Apart from the rather expensive Radio Control software (also on the Wiki), no, I don't know of any other programming software for the R20. Again probably the best source for information - if no one answers here - is the R20 Yahoo group I gave in an earlier message 73s and GL...Mike

302HO

So basically HRD is useless for the R20.

Dang.........................

Well it looks like the Icom software is the best bet for the R20.

I'll check on the yahoo group thing. I became a member the other day.

thanks for the help.

morfis

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Morfis - please add this information to the R20 wiki. I'm sure this is a question that will come up again in the future. 73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
302HO said:
So basically HRD is useless for the R20.

Dang.........................

Well it looks like the Icom software is the best bet for the R20.

I'll check on the yahoo group thing. I became a member the other day.

thanks for the help.

My apologies for the bad lead. However, thankfully, it didn't cost you much, but a few minutes of downloading time - and it does work for controlling the R20, so that might be a good thing going forward.

Morfis might have the hot lead, tho 73s and GL Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
morfis said:
Butel probably stopped development as there is far more money to be made from the Uniden buying American market.

Looks like he supports the AOR series and not the R20 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.