Programming the SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabryan07

Hello All,

Was just curious as to what the best software to program the SDS100 would be. Been out of the scanner game for a while, and I don't think Freescan would support it anymore.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

mitbr

Hello All,

Was just curious as to what the best software to program the SDS100 would be. Been out of the scanner game for a while, and I don't think Freescan would support it anymore.

The Uniden Sentinel software is what you should use it can be downloaded at the link below...
SDS100Files < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
enjoy your new scanner I hear its a great radio!!
Tim

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

You're correct. FreeSCAN does not, and will not, support the SDS100.

You do need Uniden's Sentinel software to update the master database, as well as to apply the public release firmware updates. Sentinel can also be used to create and edit Favorites lists for the scanner. You can find the latest version here. The SDS100 uses the same version as the 436HP & 536HP. The HP-1 & HP-2 scanners use a different version of Sentinel. There is no charge for the Sentinel software.

If you want other options, not available in Sentinel, such as logging and virtual control, take a look at ProScan. Besides the SDS100 and the 436HP/536HP series, ProScan also supports a large number of other Uniden scanners, some long discontinued such as the BC780XLT. It has a thirty day free trial option, so that you can try before you buy. I do most of my programming for the SDS100 via Sentinel, but keep ProScan also up & running for logging. The cost to register ProScan (after the free trial) is a one time fee of $50.00. Updates are free.

ARC536 is also available. The basic version allows programming, and costs $39.95. If you want to do logging and recording, or virtual control, you'd have to choose the "Pro" version, $69.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.