Project25 en Puerto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't there an analog 800 MHz system as well? At least there used to be. I think there were 3 different sites in San Juan. I don't know if this system is still active. As for the linking, I'm not familiar with their setup as I did not see/hear it when I was there. All I monitored was either the P25 in San Juan (encrypted) or the VHF stuff in other parts of the island. However, I don't think they have the control channels programmed wrong. They seemed to work fine when I met with them.

By the way, the only other local law enforcement on VHF in San Juan was 154.755 MHz which I was told was a FURA channel and 154.785 which is the simplex channel used at PD HQ for security.

Astialis

Hi again!

Yes, there's an old 800Mhz system (Motorola I think...). I was told that this system is being replaced with the P25 system. But this Motorola system was used only in San Juan and the metropolitan area. Where I live, police just used one frecuency. There was 154.800 for Arecibo and adjacent cities/counties, there was 154.665 for west cities, 154.905 for south cities and 154.950 for central cities. I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones that I could clearly hear with no problems.

Here's a link from a Youtube user, using a HomePatrol in the P25 system that I'm trying to copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKr_CXnZV58

I tried contacting him, and I did, but he's not talking, everyone is hush-hush about it and no one wants to even update the RadioReference database. He even told me he got part of the information for the P25 system from RadioReference a few months ago, and that then the information was deleted from RR by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.