ProScan Control Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I a streaming two scanners from my home using a thirty day trial of ProScan.

I can listen just fine at a remote location using the "Client" mode of another thirty day trial of ProScan.

Before I buy, I want to make sure i can remotely control my scanners.

I can't figure out how to do that? Is there a thread here that I can't find?

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I need to provide more info. I can listen and see fine on Client. Nothing on Server. I got a message in a window..
"REMOTE SCANNER OVER IP. AUDIO CONTROL INPUT SOUND DEVICE NEEDS TO BE SET TO A VALID INPUT. LOCATED IN THE AUDIO CONTROL TAB"

I did some adjustments.. I still hear nothing and the display window is blank in server mode.. Client mode works fine

I put a password on the Server side and when I log in as a Server on the remote computer.. I get a message "server started" but I still see nothing but black in the display.. and no sound at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Try restarting the server side of the program. I just finished configuring mine again and I have noticed that issue lately as well. It seems that if you stop a server and then change an audio setting it will often result in the display information not being passed but the audio will remain. If I close the server side and restart it the issue always clears up.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I did some adjustments.. I still hear nothing and the display window is blank in server mode.. Client mode works fine

Perhaps you have the terms "Server" and "Client" backwards. The Server connects to the scanner and the Client is the remote side connecting to the Server.

I put a password on the Server side and when I log in as a Server on the remote computer.. I get a message "server started" but I still see nothing but black in the display.. and no sound at all.

You log in to the server, not log in as a Server. "Server Started" message indicates that you are not in the Client Mode. Click the Client mode and then click the Start button.

Last edited:

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I'm confused.. When I log into ProScan at a remote location to monitor AND control the scanners...I should log in as a "client"? I tried that, and can see the display and hear the scanner.. But I have no control over the scanner. Is there somewhere with step by step instructions?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm confused.. When I log into ProScan at a remote location to monitor AND control the scanners...I should log in as a "client"? I tried that, and can see the display and hear the scanner.. But I have no control over the scanner. Is there somewhere with step by step instructions?

Yes. Log in as a Client.

How you make it Control Client is put a password in the Server and then put the same password in the Client. Hit the Start button on the Client and then you can control the scanner from the Client.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Yes, you log in as the "client" from a remote location.

The computer/scanner setup at your home is the "server".

When ProScan at home is set up as the server, enter the password you want to use to enable control features from the client end. If no password is input in the server setup, no control functions will be available from the client end.

There are help instructions for "Remote Scanner Over IP" available in the help section of the toolbar.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Yay! Success! Thank you all. The program said the password was "optional". So I didn't have one in until now.

Thanks again

NYRHKY94

Mike6pmnews:

For what it's worth, I think Proscan is the single best true "all-in-one" software package going. I have had 2 registered licenses for a number of years now and have never been disappointed with that decision. I operate several remote feeds using Proscan. Bob really listens to his users and produces regular updates that make the product better and better. Great service too IMO. A bit off topicI know, but thought I would share.

P.S. No affiliation with Bob or Proscan....just a happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.