Proscan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC31

Feed Provider
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4QK88D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/URL]

You can go down a rabbit hole trying to figure out how to do the tasmota installation. My suggestion is to go right to the Tasmotizer software.

Then you can program it to toggle off and then back on for your power cycle. With a little ingenuity you can toggle it from anywhere with internet access.

W8WCA

Something else I thought of, What brand router are you using and how reliable is your internet connection? Both of our locations are using older TP-Link routers. Wonder if this problem is being caused by those? If the connection never drops, why deny the connection?

I'm starting to wonder if the router is causing just enough of a dropout that the connection gets severed, however the scanner does not see this and so it never releases the ports being used, therefore denying the reconnection requests since it thinks it is still connected.

I use Static IP's on everything in my house
I have an Linksys WRT 1900 ACS My Internet connection is 500/500 (My Cable Modem is a ARRIS - SURFboard 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.0 FWIIW)

I had to restart the SDS200 - That as you mentioned seems to be the "Std. Fix"

W8WCA

An alternative for those not near the scanner is an outlet that can be triggered remotely. We have some PDUs that do that but they are too expensive and large for home use.

it’s probably called a smart outlet today and could be used to power cycle the scanner.
I think I will try that I have a couple of Amazon Echo's at home so Alexa can do that

Wow those are getting cheaper I see a number of 2 packs between $9 and 15

Last edited:

shanelynn321

Feed Provider
I actually found a resolution to this problem. I recently start toying around with my Unifi software for my AP's and set up bandwidth limits on all of our wireless devices. Since doing so, Proscan has not dropped connection to the Scanner or to Broadcastify. I have now set records on uptime without any issues thusfar.

Status
Not open for further replies.