proscan or freescan for programing bcd325p2

kickflip

Going to purchase a uniden bcd325p2 in a few days and was wondering the best software to program this with. Trying to monitor a trunked mototrbo tier 3 system and heard proscan was pretty good. The only reason why I'm in between both of these is it seems like there is more programming help with freescan but i don't know if it supports programming dmr or mototrbo systems (I'm new to scanning and i saw this on reddit wanted to fact check it).

If someone could recommend one of them and point me toward some helpful programming instruction/manual/youtube vids that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I use Proscan myself. Proscan supports all the digital formats where free scan doesn't support Nxdn, not sure about DMR.. Also free scan is not being updated with new versions. What you download is what you get for life.
Proscan is constantly being updated. $50.00 for a lifetime of updates is well worth the cost.
There is also the ARC scanner software by Butel. Try the free trial for this and Proscan and see what works for you best.

Last edited:

wtp

ProScan runs as a 30 day fully functional trial

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
I seem to recall. You asked this question in another thread:oops:, unless it happen to be someone else.:unsure:

My answer in the other thread was: Freescan is like a VW Beetle; Proscan is like the 2.5M Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.