ProScan: Proscan Web Server Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I set the webserver up on my computer at home. Around the house I see this:
Screenshot_20210223-074925_2.png

I set up the port forward on my router and enabled both TCP and UDP. When I go to the address on my computer at work, I see this:
1614084863585.png
Any pointers? I'm not sure why its not loading everything. I have 25Mbps upload bandwidth, so It shouldn't be an issue at all.

Thanks

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Did some basic troubleshooting.
1) Rebooted the entire network at home.
2) Double checked the firewall settings, Proscan is allowed.
3) Double checked the router and port settings.
4) Ran a speed test: 1614089989289.png

Unsure what to check now. If I wasn't getting anything to load, I would think one of the major components wasn't configured correctly, but the fact that I get some part of the website indicates its close.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
you must login at your work too on the first picture you are logged as super user and on the second one your are not logged in

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I ended up changing the port number to a completely different port and it worked. I'm not sure why the previous open port was problematic, but still let some traffic through, but it did.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I ended up changing the port number to a completely different port and it worked. I'm not sure why the previous open port was problematic, but still let some traffic through, but it did.
I think the browser just needed to be refreshed. By changing the port #, the cache was ignored and caused a reload.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
To not start a new thread, another issue popped up. I wanted to find a specific recording I heard and send it to my wife. When I click on the files, it just spins in chrome:
1614350428358.png

I have no issues in chrome on my phone, the file plays instantly. Any ideas? I even played with folder permissions on the computer as well as remove all extension from chrome and allowed everything on the site settings.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To not start a new thread, another issue popped up. I wanted to find a specific recording I heard and send it to my wife. When I click on the files, it just spins in chrome:
View attachment 99651

I have no issues in chrome on my phone, the file plays instantly. Any ideas? I even played with folder permissions on the computer as well as remove all extension from chrome and allowed everything on the site settings.
I have no ideal. It sounds like the file is not corrupted if it play on your mobile device. Do all the files do that? Try refreshing your browser.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I have no ideal. It sounds like the file is not corrupted if it play on your mobile device. Do all the files do that? Try refreshing your browser.
It does it on every file, on every day or records. I can play back on a computer local no problem through the web-server, and my phone both remote and local, but my computer at work will not play any file. It lets me listen all day no problem, and I can see the file updates every minute. Very confusing.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It does it on every file, on every day or records. I can play back on a computer local no problem through the web-server, and my phone both remote and local, but my computer at work will not play any file. It lets me listen all day no problem, and I can see the file updates every minute. Very confusing.
Is there a Proxy involved on your work computer? Do you have a IT dept. that disabled streaming mp3 files?
{edit Try recording in the wav format to see if that works.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Is there a Proxy involved on your work computer? Do you have a IT dept. that disabled streaming mp3 files?
{edit Try recording in the wav format to see if that works.
There is no proxy. We have a firewall, but that just runs the VON and standard Sophos site block lists. We all stream music all day while we are working, and I can steam MP3s from google drive no problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There is no proxy. We have a firewall, but that just runs the VON and standard Sophos site block lists. We all stream music all day while we are working, and I can steam MP3s from google drive no problem.
I have no ideal. Perhaps someone else may know and chime in.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I have no ideal. Perhaps someone else may know and chime in.
I appreciate your help. I'm sure there is something silly I'm going to kick myself for. It's not a terrible big deal, I can work around with my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.