ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me what or how to use the FTP WRITE and FTP READ SCANNER can be used? I'm assuming you can update the scanner files via the LAN instead of plugging in the USB cable and I assume that is what the FTP WRITE/READ is for but I can not figure out on how to use it. Thanks.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The last post I saw said that was in the works. I think some people have been hacking at it but not sure that would be a good idea for the regular user. Then I may be wrong and missed a post.

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
The last post I saw said that was in the works. I think some people have been hacking at it but not sure that would be a good idea for the regular user. Then I may be wrong and missed a post.

Oh okay, that would make sense. It’s asking for a user name and password and nothing works.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Also read/write still requires the micro USB cable to be connected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, it's not in the works but rather is fully functional.

Can someone tell me what or how to use the FTP WRITE and FTP READ SCANNER can be used? I'm assuming you can update the scanner files via the LAN instead of plugging in the USB cable and I assume that is what the FTP WRITE/READ is for but I can not figure out on how to use it. Thanks.

Correct, You can update the scanner files using the FTP Writable Account. Need to use a FTP client such as the free FileZilla or my ProScan.
If using the FTP Writable Account then send a "GFM,UNIDEN" + CR command to the scanner first then send a "EFM,UNIDEN" + CR command afterwords. My ProScan will handle that automatically. The scanner will go into FTP Mode which is like Mass Storage mode. My ProScan will just read or write the Favorites and not the other folders.
Using the FTP Read Only Account doesn't need a GFM or EFM command and the scanner will operate normally while FTP Read operation is going on.
Before FTP in to the scanner, the scanner FTP Read Only Account and Writable Account needs to be set up with the User Name and Password.
Scanner menu -> LAN Settings -> Set FTP Server ->

Also read/write still requires the micro USB cable to be connected.
FTP read/write uses the Ethernet connection. If your thinking of plain ole read/write then you are correct.

Last edited:

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, it's not in the works but rather is fully functional.

Correct, You can update the scanner files using the FTP Writable Account. Need to use a FTP client such as the free FileZilla or my ProScan.
If using the FTP Writable Account then send a "GFM,UNIDEN" + CR command to the scanner first then send a "EFM,UNIDEN" + CR command afterwords. My ProScan will handle that automatically. The scanner will go into FTP Mode which is like Mass Storage mode. My ProScan will just read or write the Favorites and not the other folders.
Using the FTP Read Only Account doesn't need a GFM or EFM command and the scanner will operate normally while FTP Read operation is going on.
Before FTP in to the scanner, the scanner FTP Read Only Account and Writable Account needs to be set up with the User Name and Password.
Scanner menu -> LAN Settings -> Set FTP Server ->

FTP read/write uses the Ethernet connection. If your thinking of plain ole read/write then you are correct.

What is “My” ProScan? Is it the regular software that I purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I put "My" in there because I make it.

I am able to read from the scanner via LAN but not write, any ideas?
02280f5ce0f38977b25d27bb6dd57a35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
I was getting the same error and "fixed" it by using different passwords for read and for write.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I had different passwords and it still didn't work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Confirmed mine still works ... It did quit, tried several things, then changed to 2 different PW and works, still OK with latest FW.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
It's fixed. The fix will be in the next release.

{edit} If you want to verify the fix, send me an email and I'll send you the latest file.

I’m having this same issue under 15.3 right now on first-time setup and attempted use of FTP READ and FTP WRITE. I’ve set up the same custom login name in the scanner for both FTP READ and FTP WRITE, ENABLED each, and put on differing passwords. I think that FTP READ may be fine, but it fails on FTP WRITE.

Last edited:

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Bonehead mistake on my part. It’s been a long day. For obvious reasons, you don’t configure the same login name for both FTP READ and FTP WRITE user logins on the SDS200, just like you shouldn’t configure for the same passwords on each. All is fine now.

Really liking ProScan!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.