PSR800 EDACS help pse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu4c

I have been monitoring Volusia, FL EDACS for about a year with no problems Today I downloaded the latest library including all system freqs and TGs. I also downloaded and installed Firmware version 1.6 and the newest DSP software.
Both new firmware and software successfully loaded to computer and to 800.
I made a few changes to Scanlists on the computer and then copied all to the scanner. Turned scanner on and it would not lock on to Control Channel.
I went back into the computer, clicked on Trunk System tab and discovered that system type had been changed to Motorola. I changed it back to EDACS and then copied everything back to the scanner. Same problem, it will not find the Control Channel, the "T" does not show up on the top line of the scanner display.
I know that "user error" is the problem, but cannot figure out what I did or did not do.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Paul

jamesa53

Paul I don't know if you got this fixed or not. I just looked at my EDACS system in Vigo County, Terre Haute Indiana and the settings for that system are EDACS Standard (Wide). The talkgroups are set to FM. Also you may or may not have blank entries between the System Frequencies because they are supposed to import in LCN (Logical Channel Number) order. Finally make sure you have Sites imported as well (I think you do but just checking). Id also put a Wildcard in the talkgroups as well just to make sure you get everything. Of course make sure your ScanList that they are in is enabled.

If you can get this working, this scanner does great with EDACS systems. If doing the above doesnt fix it, I'd ask in the Florida forum if theres something else going on with this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.