LMRN General Discussion

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider

gary123

Even though they are supposed to stop the winter road reports Apr15th. I am hoping they will decide to continue doing some level of reports to test the coverage of the system before major users transition.

2055 = Patrol 30
2056 = Patrol 31

mciupa

It's official. SW Ontario is encrypted. Wah-Wah!
I have issued a Reply Ban to RS5209 in this thread. His time is limited to delete his comment. Although I have the capability to remove the comment, I want others to see his character.

Let's get back to business aside from this distraction.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Would be a typical government thing to do. Hey, let's use these MTO guys as testers for the new system. Sure sounds good! Oh by the way, they will test the system for.. little over a week before stopping their reports each day, so we will get a real good idea how the system will work out.

Hopefully, they just do some radio checks or something with whatever units are out and about. Even just a what's your location and how well do you hear me type thing would do just fine. Let's see what happens Monday, onwards

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
Would be a typical government thing to do. Hey, let's use these MTO guys as testers for the new system. Sure sounds good! Oh by the way, they will test the system for.. little over a week before stopping their reports each day, so we will get a real good idea how the system will work out.

Hopefully, they just do some radio checks or something with whatever units are out and about. Even just a what's your location and how well do you hear me type thing would do just fine. Let's see what happens Monday, onwards

I was thinking about the Zone 2 cutover...Having MTO test when Zone 2 switches may be mid summer.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Would be a typical government thing to do. Hey, let's use these MTO guys as testers for the new system
IIRC the MTO/AMC were the first to join FleetNet back in the day as well. May as well have a user that isn't safety critical be the "guinea pig". Easier to find out something fails when it's a snow plow, rather than an Officer calling for help.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Only in Fenelon Falls, if you call that Eastern. No one else has reported any findings to us.

Start searching between 141 to 144 MHz. The system ID should be AD. Any voice frequencies will be TDMA, showing the different slots used when transmitting.

Nothing in the Pembroke Area yet, scanned with my 996P2 and nothing new in the 141-145 range here.

mapleradio

Does anyone know where I can locate the orginal RFP for the project? I would like to understand what the province thought it needed vs what they have gotten, and yes, I now agree the money really isn't much all things considered.

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
Does anyone know where I can locate the orginal RFP for the project? I would like to understand what the province thought it needed vs what they have gotten, and yes, I now agree the money really isn't much all things considered.

2016 - Pre-Release Notice of upcoming opportunities for Land Mobile Radio Network

2020 - Radio Infrastructure Engineering

2020 - Facility Radio Network

2020 - Land Mobile Radio Network Request For Bid

2020 - Supply and Delivery of Mobile workstation antennas

2023 - Mobile Satellite Phone service ($13 Million worth!!)

mrweather

Rookie SDS200 owner here in the GTA: I recently updated the database and now have the LMRN in the scanner. However, with the recent postings about MTO switching over, I haven't heard them yet on it. I'm still hearing them on the legacy FleetNet system.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Rookie SDS200 owner here in the GTA: I recently updated the database and now have the PSRN in the scanner. However, with the recent postings about MTO switching over, I haven't heard them yet on it. I'm still hearing them on the legacy Fleetnet system.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I see zero activity on the MTO Maintenance talkgroups on Fleetnet from Whitby - are you by chance mixing that up with MTO enforcement? Which sites are you on? Some talkgroups may have been added here after the last database pull by Uniden. You may want to throw ID Search on instead of ID Scan. Make sure public works is enabled too as a service type.

They aren't extremely talkative but, consistent enough. I see some chatter around every 20-30 minutes the past couple hours.

mciupa

It's official. SW Ontario is encrypted. Wah-Wah!
Make sure you have either Toronto or King City towers in your programming as most of my MTO monitoring are on Sites 39 and 40.

mrweather

Thanks for the tips fellas! Yes, it's MTO enforcement I'm hearing on FleetNet so that answers that question. I have Toronto and King City towers enabled for LMRN. I will double check to see if public works is toggled on or not.

gary123

My LMRN settings for sites are below. This is using ARC software. I only have the one frequency for the CC entered. This seems to be catching all the local MTO activity so far.

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 22
  • site.jpg
    site.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24

EJB

20 + year membership
I see zero activity on the MTO Maintenance talkgroups on Fleetnet from Whitby - are you by chance mixing that up with MTO enforcement? Which sites are you on? Some talkgroups may have been added here after the last database pull by Uniden. You may want to throw ID Search on instead of ID Scan. Make sure public works is enabled too as a service type.

They aren't extremely talkative but, consistent enough. I see some chatter around every 20-30 minutes the past couple hours.

I saw MTO Kitchener talkgroup today off the Brantford FleetNet tower. I can't reach any other LMRN tower other than Hamilton and no activity there.

It wasn't a mistake or I wasn't hearing things, I wondering why is the MTO on Brantford still?

Muxlow

Super Secret
Was talking to Essex EMS today. They said next week they go over to the PSRN. He called it LMRN

Now that I think about EMS going over next week, I'd guess OPP and all other Essex County users would be changing over also. Can't have FleetNet and LMRN going at the same time. There is just not enough voice channels for both to be running same time.

Have to keep a close eye on the DSD+ off Windsor site and see if Leamington site comes online or not, too.