Purchasing HP-1 Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0OTK

He probably wasn't selling any before you published a link to his sale, since it was listed under computer, not radio equipment.. Most "eBay challenged"( as you put it) probably wouldn't think of looking under computer equipment for a radio.
This sale sure is a head scratcher - the seller looks to have a perfect record and has been at the eBay game a long time, so the risk sure looks nil. I guess he hasn't caught on that the retail business is based on "buy low, sell for as high as the traffic will bear" (OK , I changed it a little bit). With the rest of the HP1's going for about $475.00 or above, this guy could have bumped his price for another $50-100 and still cornered the market..Since he's sold at least 30, based on the record, that's $1500-3000 that he gave up. Must have wanted to get rid of 'em quick.....:roll:

No kidding. I think they would have gone just as quick at $350 or $375. I wonder where he got all the scanners?

karldotcom

You know what they say if something is too good to be true! Might be an employee back dooring them from somewhere. Like those auctions for 30 Gillette razors with no packaging....nothing fishy there!

OCO

He's still listing the radios in "Computers & Networking > Scanners > Handheld Scanners" ..... anyone have an explanation for this eBay strategy? Seems like he'd get more views putting them in the proper category.... The only way to find them would be a blind search of all of eBay, rather than drilling down through Electronics...

edit: Not being that knowledgeable about eBay, is it common for the seller to totally mask their location?

Last edited:

bobriff

No tracking info (or any other communication from the seller) yet, but since I ordered on Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend, I can understand that.

Totally masking his location is kind of a puzzler though.

On the other hand, positive transaction reviews from other buyers of this scanner continue to come in.

If anyone else here placed an order for this scanner, please keep us posted. I'll do the same.

(Rest assured, Paypal won't be getting their money if things go wrong).

djstar39

Bob, long holiday weekend is what I'm guessing. Assume we'll hear something tomorrow. Meanwhile, the one he currently has for auction is sitting at $305.

Since yesterday, two more people have given him positive reviews on their HP-1 purchase.

Dave

KC0CSE

e-mail response????

Bob, long holiday weekend is what I'm guessing. Assume we'll hear something tomorrow. Meanwhile, the one he currently has for auction is sitting at $305.

Since yesterday, two more people have given him positive reviews on their HP-1 purchase.

Dave

He does not answer e-mails at all ......I have e-mailed him a number of times with no luck... has anyone else tried too?

KC0CSE
PRO-106
KENWOOD 261
KENWOOD 805D
MOTO VHF

djstar39

He does not answer e-mails at all ......I have e-mailed him a number of times with no luck... has anyone else tried too?

KC0CSE
PRO-106
KENWOOD 261
KENWOOD 805D
MOTO VHF

Probably too much turkey and Black Friday shopping on his part. I'm guessing the logjam breaks tomorrow. Just a guess though...

djstar39

May have been a gauge to see what fair market value is - wonder if we will see him list some tomorrow up for $375 Buy it Now?

Could be. Over the last 3 weeks he's sold them for $270 - $350 with today's sale the high point. Let's face it, $300 is quite a haircut from the normal price. He must be getting a heck of a deal somehow. Also gives you an idea of how much markup these things probably have.

Dave

lindsay34654

Also everyone is saying they are buying them but how many have received them at that price, anyone can pay for something but when you get it in your hands is a diff thing.

bobcatpat

Premium Subscriber
Also everyone is saying they are buying them but how many have received them at that price, anyone can pay for something but when you get it in your hands is a diff thing.

I believe at least 6 units sold at $299 each. I received shipment notice from USPS just a few minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.