RCS NextGen testing thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
2 alarm fire working around midnight in Encinitas. NCO Dispatch and 20 Tac 1 were NEXTGEN ONLY, not being broadcast on the old RCS. :(

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
RIP: The following talkgroups from the old RCS...you will be missed good friends. :cry:

North Coast Dispatch...GONE.
Vista Dispatch...GONE.
San Marcos Dispatch...GONE.
Escondido PD Dispatch...GONE.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
With all the affiliation madness taking place, I am left to scan SOO MANY systems and sites that my SDS200 is missing everything. Can't wait for this to be completed.

Paul

mike619

RIP: The following talkgroups from the old RCS...you will be missed good friends. :cry:

North Coast Dispatch...GONE.
Vista Dispatch...GONE.
San Marcos Dispatch...GONE.
Escondido PD Dispatch...GONE.

Paul
What part of the county are you mostly covering up north or south bay or east county? and if you are east county you can get Vista dispatch on the west site I also hear Escondido and San Marcos dispatch.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My County Motorolas can't affiliate any more on the listed talkgroups...I ended up listening to Poway (patched with NCO) on the RCS until I was "in range" of the West site for NCO yesterday. Speaking of east county, LE East Command is up on RCS south, and Rural is currently on South 41.

Chula Vista PD is up on NextGen probably because a fire engine has a radio tuned in for entertainment...same for Harbor PD, probably Medic 63 on the NextGen.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
This is interesting, ASTREA is unable to communicate with Vista units on Vista Dispatch, because they don't have a NextGen radio, so the dispatcher has to set up a PATCH on LE North Tac 1 so the Sheriff's helicopter can talk to the Sheriff's deputies. o_O

Paul

hodad200

Dumb question: if I’m trying to brave it with a 325p2 what system type and site type do I select in free scan?
System options: Mot Type II/P25, P25 Standard, P25 One Freq Trunk.

Site Type: Mot 800 MHz Standard Type II, Splinter Type II, Mot P25/P25 Standard, Mot Custom.

ProLaw1

Dumb question: if I’m trying to brave it with a 325p2 what system type and site type do I select in free scan?
System options: Mot Type II/P25, P25 Standard, P25 One Freq Trunk.

Site Type: Mot 800 MHz Standard Type II, Splinter Type II, Mot P25/P25 Standard, Mot Custom.
I believe you set it up as a P25 Standard that’s what I did on my 325p2,but I programmed mine by hand

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Poway has not cut over yet -- but, when NCOD, POWD, and RURD are being patched to one dispatcher, POWD does show up on the Next Gen System.

carlt

It looks like a couple of departments have jumped the schedule. I am seeing/hearing CVPD and Harbor PD on NG South today.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
This is interesting, ASTREA is unable to communicate with Vista units on Vista Dispatch, because they don't have a NextGen radio, so the dispatcher has to set up a PATCH on LE North Tac 1 so the Sheriff's helicopter can talk to the Sheriff's deputies. o_O

Paul

Yes; the air ships will be cut over later in the month while the rest of the Department is.

The LE Commands / Tacs are the interface in the interim.

mikeshepard

According to the migration schedule most Heartland units should have transitioned yesterday and today, but I'm not hearing any traffic on NexGen South. Anyone else?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Heard Heartland Engine 11 out of La Mesa on 7H/7I on the SD 700MHz system on a traffic accident on WB 8 at College...apparently, they will be hitting SD for M/A on the 700 talkgroups while SDFD still works on 800.

Paul