Recording two scanners at the same time using multiple soundcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepster9312

I have multiple scanners connected to one computer with USB and audio connected each one on there own soundcard. I am using multiple instances of Proscan. When trying to have proscan use each separate soundcard for each scanner I only get 3 options primary capture device, URL or none. How can I have it setup with multiple soundcards. the Operating system sees both and can switch between them but I can only get proscan to use the one set to primary

kepster9312

I have tried that and I still get the same 3 options in audio control tab of scanner view

kepster9312

I run 10 line inputs and 6 network on my 16 scanner setup.
You might find ANYDESK a better remote choice.
Is there a way to see what equipment you are using and how it's setup including settings as mine is only working half of the time

kepster9312

I am currently having them recording when using an external usb sound card it seems induce noise in the recordings when being recorded also picking up the other scanner thats being recorded what usb sound cards do you recommend to eliminate the noise

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The antenna system is a ST2 feeding a Stridsberg 4 port feeding 3 stridsberg 8 ports.
I think this question fits nicely with the OP's question, so I'm chiming in.

@buddrousa , what are you using to capture the audio on all those 10 line input scanners?

I ask because I was using a M-Audio Delta 1010LT but am building a new PC. So this means no more PCI connection on the motherboard.
I really don't want to go the route of cheap 10 USB Cards if they are going to be a headache. I've looked into Focusrite USB interfaces, M-Audio USB Interfaces, and even Zoom Soundboards with USB interfaces. Even if I could find a motherboard with PCI, the chances of finding another one in the future is going to be even more difficult. I'd like to make the transition to USB now if possible.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
USB sound cards with line in split into L and R
2 inputs per USB Sound Card
I also use a ground loop isolator stereo between y adapter to line in.
Thanks for the info. What model number on the USB Cards are you using? I just looked at the cards I bought for my PC build and they have Mic inputs and not line inputs.... I may need to rethink the cards I just bought.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The biggest problem I had when trying to record all my scanners was the inability to lock a USB sound card to a specific port number that I could link to ProScan. The goal is to ensure that the same scanner is controlled by the same instance of ProScan no matter what order they were started.
I have local 18 scanners running that I would want to record.

chris

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Never had that problem with these you can also use software from my understanding to modify each USB but I have not had that problem. I had that problem with the simple USB STICKS that only had mic in

kepster9312

The way I have mine set up is by using an onboard soundcard with a line in/microphone-in combo port and USB Soundblaster x-fi go with a line-in\microphone-in combo port and when its recording there is always extra audio noise being added that drowns out the audio from the scanner feeds. should I get usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 sound cards that have the mic in and line in separate instead of combined. I do have SFF low profile computer so there is no way to add internal pci soundcards

kepster9312

Can it be any of them as long they have separate line-in and microphone and that would help reduce noise being introduced

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
No I posted how my setup works antenna to scanner to computer. I have a total of 22 Uniden Scanners logging to 3 PROSCAN COMPUTERS
#1 16 Scanner Permanent 19 inch Rack Mount Setup
#2 4 Uniden Scanners in a 4 Scanner Spectra Force Rack with Mini PC Portable Setup
#3 2 Uniden Scanners in a 2 Scanner Spectra Force Rack with Mini PC Portable Setup
LINE IN IS BETTER THAN MIC IN................
This is not cheap options I have invested over $20,000.00 TOTAL in my systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.