Rookie with a scanner needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie6556

Hello,

I have a Whistler WS1040 handheld. I manually programmed a couple codes on my scanner. Some of them are VERY hard to hear, It's all static. I've turned the squelch down all the way and back up just until the static goes away. Is there a way that I can just connect my radio to the computer and it adds the ones I want?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The only "Whistler software" that I've seen are the versions of EZ-Scan for the database scanners

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm very sorry, but I really know NOTHING about scanners. I had an old analog desk top one, that was easy. but this is not. Not yet anyway. Will that software be free since I already paid for this subscription or is that a separate web page?

Both software packages have a free trial after that you have to purchase the license key. The software is not from or part of Radio Reference but offered by a different company, you can, however, use your paid RR subscription to easily import systems and freqs into the scanner.

angie6556

Both software packages have a free trial after that you have to purchase the license key. The software is not from or part of Radio Reference but offered by a different company, you can, however, use your paid RR subscription to easily import systems and freqs into the scanner.
Yes, that's really all I want to do. Import local channels

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have a programming cable? It should have come with the scanner if you bought it new. I use Butel ARC500 software. What is your city, county, and state and what do you want to receive?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a programming cable? It should have come with the scanner if you bought it new. I use Butel ARC500 software. What is your city, county, and state and what do you want to receive?

Unless bought new, ie refurbished/scratch and dent, I don't believe programming cables come with the WS1040.

angie6556

Yes, I bought it new. I have a cable that came with it. I want to receive Lorain, Ohio PD, Fire and if possible life care, also Sheffield Village PD

Status
Not open for further replies.