RS PRO-163 Scanner trunking programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk2193

Premium Subscriber
Good morning,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
I have programmed all the channels I want to listen to and programmed my area police department trunking information following the steps i nthe manual in bank 8 and the steps from the wiki pages here in bank 9.
Neither bank is picking up any information. When I have the scanner on "manual" and on the main channel, I do see the 5 digit talkgroups come and go, but as far as listenign to anything while scanning - nada!

All "regular" channels work well. If it helps, I am in Collin County, Texas.

What could I be doing wrong or what step is missing from the instructions that migth be of help to make this work?

Again, thanks in advance.

Michael

Redneck0410

Good morning,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
I have programmed all the channels I want to listen to and programmed my area police department trunking information following the steps i nthe manual in bank 8 and the steps from the wiki pages here in bank 9.
Neither bank is picking up any information. When I have the scanner on "manual" and on the main channel, I do see the 5 digit talkgroups come and go, but as far as listenign to anything while scanning - nada!

All "regular" channels work well. If it helps, I am in Collin County, Texas.

What could I be doing wrong or what step is missing from the instructions that migth be of help to make this work?

Again, thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael-
What trunk system are you trying to program? I would recommend you just program in the control channels for that system, make sure the channels themselves are set to "MO". I would consult the "Easier to Read" manual located here Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual I have a pro-164 but I don't have a motorola system to track at my location.

msk2193

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Went through these as well and still have he same results.
I might have bought the wrng scanner. I see that the local plice uses Project 25 Motorola X2-TDMA and on the web I can see there is only one scanner that can scan these type of channels!

jfhtm350

P25 is a digital format and X2-TDMA is a different format of that. So yes you have the wrong scanner since yours is analog only and your right, there is only one digital scanner that can scan the X2-TDMA format. It is a Uniden brand but not sure what model it is.

shadcall

It all depends on what you want to listen too. It appears that while some local police departments have gone to P25, there are other things that your scanner can pick up. This includes the County which is on analog Motorola Smartnet II. Your best bet for programming is to get a programming cable from Radio Shack and then download ARC 300 from Butel Software.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
P25 is a digital format and X2-TDMA is a different format of that. So yes you have the wrong scanner since yours is analog only and your right, there is only one digital scanner that can scan the X2-TDMA format. It is a Uniden brand but not sure what model it is.

Actually it's a GRE brand of scanner, the PSR-800.

On a different note, it looks like you have a mix of analog and digital systems in place in the County. It would really depend on what you were looking to monitor. If you wanted to listen to the Sheriff's Office or some of the fire departments, they seem to be operating off of Collin County Public Safety Trunking System as Shadcall mentioned above.

jfhtm350

You may want to hop over to the Texas forums and ask if anyone knows anything about that system and who is on what system and type of signal they are using before you spend anymore money on something you may not want to listen to.

msk2193

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone. Dick, I appreciate the reply it answers all my efforts that resulted in "nothing".

Clark

Your system has been rebanded. After doing the Firmware update, I thing this is the new
Custom Table for Rebanded systems.

ChLO ChHI Step Offset Base
440 559 25.000 440 851.025000
000 719 25.000 0 851.012500

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.