rtl-sdr

deadite66

By not working do you mean not picking up the rtl-sdr?

if you are running windows and haven't already done so read the rtlsdr blog guide, especially the zadig part.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

jvradenburg

It's not so much me not knowing how to use the software if the software's lack of ability of working I can't get nothing to download and work right as coming up with either a kernal 32 error code or an error code stating that this dll is missing or that dll is missing regardless of what website I download the software from it's almost like the software that's out there is corrupt

krokus

Premium Subscriber
It's not so much me not knowing how to use the software if the software's lack of ability of working I can't get nothing to download and work right as coming up with either a kernal 32 error code or an error code stating that this dll is missing or that dll is missing regardless of what website I download the software from it's almost like the software that's out there is corrupt
Which DLL is missing? (What does the error message say? Have a screen shot?)

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Antivirus being overly aggressive when you install SDR#?
I have many SDR# installs and haven't had an problems. I use RTL-SDR Blog receivers and downloaded all my software from them. Never had any issues.
If you downloaded the software from the real RTL-SDR Blog website, then things should work.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
anyone having trouble with a rtl-sdr software? I've downloaded sdr++ and sdr# from airspy and neither one works
anyone having trouble with a rtl-sdr software? I've downloaded sdr++ and sdr# from airspy and neither one works

For us to be helpful, what computer are you using? Or are you using a cell phone? Did you run zadig? (you did not mention it). (Also definitely try using using HDSDR). It is well worth it to find out what you are doing wrong. Doing scanning or HF listening without having an SDR is like having cake without the icing.

jvradenburg

Antivirus being overly aggressive when you install SDR#?
I have many SDR# installs and haven't had an problems. I use RTL-SDR Blog receivers and downloaded all my software from them. Never had any issues.
If you downloaded the software from the real RTL-SDR Blog website, then things should work.
antivirus isnt the problem

jvradenburg

For us to be helpful, what computer are you using? Or are you using a cell phone? Did you run zadig? (you did not mention it). (Also definitely try using using HDSDR). It is well worth it to find out what you are doing wrong. Doing scanning or HF listening without having an SDR is like having cake without the icing.
computer is the only way for sdr,yes i run zadig its the only way to get the hdsdr to work but it wont run p25 digital hence why i need sdr sharp to work

jvradenburg

I think I got it figured out how to post pictures here's what the computer is saying and so far I can only get hdsdr to work but it does not apparently do p25

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_105546716~2.jpg
    IMG_20230101_105546716~2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230101_105556451_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230101_105556451_HDR~2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20221231_235039076~2.jpg
    IMG_20221231_235039076~2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 65

dickie757

Wired
Do it manually

jvradenburg

Do it manually

I think I've tried that but I'll try it again

maus92

Premium Subscriber
No. Works fine if it is installed properly. An open mind helps immensely, as does an up-to-date OS.

Steve-B

I just recently downloaded SDR# to Windows 10 {2 days ago} and had the same problem , Im trying to remember what the fix was for me. I think my biggest issue was that I wasn't downloading the right software for my system (I had the same errors that you are showing) . Be sure you are downloading 32bit or 64bit , which ever one matches your computer.

jvradenburg

I just recently downloaded SDR# to Windows 10 {2 days ago} and had the same problem , Im trying to remember what the fix was for me. I think my biggest issue was that I wasn't downloading the right software for my system (I had the same errors that you are showing) . Be sure you are downloading 32bit or 64bit , which ever one matches your computer.
I think I've tried both and no go