SDR# RTL433 Plugin For SDR# Now Available

Marco402

Version 1.5.4.4 17 Janvier 2022
- Minor changes for Honeywell_cm921.
-boiler_modulation_level.
-ticker command.
- Correction crash when closed window listDevices if SDRSharp framework 6.0 since version SDRSharp 1830.
- 100ms timeout in replay mode (source iq file(.wav)).

Marc

Marco402

Hello
Version 1.5.5.0 - February 17, 2022 Tested with SDRSharp 1854
-Added an Enabled checkbox for cohabitation of the RTL433 plugin with the other plugins.
-Display of the time required to process the data functions of the sampleRate/s in milliseconds (Cycle time),
it changes to red if it is greater than 1000(Not if the source is a file).
-Display of the processing time per second taken by the software RTL_433 in milliseconds (Time RTL433).
Removing references to rtlsdr.dll and libusb-1.0.dll in rtl433.dll which was supposed to be a loading problem when rtlsdr.dll was not installed by install-rtlsdr.bat of SDRSharp.
Documentation:https: Plugin SDRSharp pour RTL_433 | Mes logiciels (marco40github.wixsite.com)
Download: plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp/install/1.5.5.0 at master · marco402/plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp (github.com)
Marc

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Replaced working old .dlls with these, no longer shows up in SDR# options. Upgraded to SDR# 1854, nothing. Placed .dlls directly in Plugins (no subfolder), still doesn't appear in menu.

Hello
Version 1.5.5.0 - February 17, 2022 Tested with SDRSharp 1854
-Added an Enabled checkbox for cohabitation of the RTL433 plugin with the other plugins.
-Display of the time required to process the data functions of the sampleRate/s in milliseconds (Cycle time),
it changes to red if it is greater than 1000(Not if the source is a file).
-Display of the processing time per second taken by the software RTL_433 in milliseconds (Time RTL433).
Removing references to rtlsdr.dll and libusb-1.0.dll in rtl433.dll which was supposed to be a loading problem when rtlsdr.dll was not installed by install-rtlsdr.bat of SDRSharp.
Documentation:https: Plugin SDRSharp pour RTL_433 | Mes logiciels (marco40github.wixsite.com)
Download: plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp/install/1.5.5.0 at master · marco402/plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp (github.com)
Marc

Ubbe

I just copied new files into the same folder as the old ones. Isn't it the plugins.xml file that tells what plugins that should appear in the SDR# left pane menu?

/Ubbe

Marco402

Hello Ubbe
In current versions of sdrsharp, the plugins.xml file is no longer needed, what is needed is the location of the plugins folder in the SDRSharp.config file under the core.pluginsDirectory key.
in this folder plugins, dlls can be in subfolders.
Marc

Marco402

hello Spleen
I don't see the reason for your problem at the moment, same answer as for Ubbe: In current versions of sdrsharp, the plugins file is no longer needed, what is needed is the location of the plugins folder in the SDRSharp.config file under the core.pluginsDirectory key.
in this folder, dlls can be in subfolders.

If the plugin still doesn't appear, maybe try without another plugin.

Marc

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I went back and grabbed the files marked For SDR# 1784...the plugin now shows in the list, and the interface opens, but when you turn SDR# on, it throws this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
File name: 'SDRSharpMerged, Version=1.0.0.1784, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at SDRSharp.Rtl_433.Rtl_433_Processor.NotifyPropertyChangedHandler(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at SDRSharp.SharpControlProxy.PropertyChangedEventHandler(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at SDRSharp.MainForm.ResumePropertyNotifications()
at SDRSharp.MainForm.playStopButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonBase.buttonElement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.ComponentInputBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hello Spleen
I don't see the reason for your problem at the moment, same answer as for Ubbe: In current versions of sdrsharp, the plugins file is no longer needed, what is needed is the location of the plugins folder in the SDRSharp.config file under the core.pluginsDirectory key.
in this folder, dlls can be in subfolders.

If the plugin still doesn't appear, maybe try without another plugin.

Marc

Laffen

Hi. I have now read and tried all methods to get the rtl_433 plugin to work. Only gets error that it does not find dll. Have also tried many other versions of SDRsharp.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Product: Airspy R2
SdrSharp Version: 1854
DLL: latest version 1.5.5.0 (SDRsharp -> Plugins folder -> rtl_433 folder -> GraphLib.dll, rtl_433.dll, SDRSharp.Rtl_433.dll)

1648138968191.png

1648139017084.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.DllNotFoundException: Dll was not found.
at SDRSharp.Rtl_433.NativeMethods.stop_sdr(IntPtr ctx)
at SDRSharp.Rtl_433.ClassInterfaceWithRtl433.call_main_Rtl_433()
at SDRSharp.Rtl_433.Rtl_433_Panel.Start(Boolean senderRadio)
at SDRSharp.Rtl_433.Rtl_433_Panel.buttonStartStop_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
I use an older version, where you need to put the 3 rtl_433 files in the same directory as the sdrsharp.exe executable file.
From your screenshot it looks like you have the files in the /plugins/rtl_433 directory.
In some sdrsharp versions you need to put them in the /plugins directory for them to be seen.

Installation directions are here:

Good luck.

Laffen

Thanks Bagmouse7. You're absolutely right. I did not see the c: in the installation guide. It works now, but I still have some issues. The program closes after a short time. Gets error message #Out of memory and parameter is not valid#. Sometimes after 10 minutes and other times 1 minute.
Attaches screenshot

1648150499224.png

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.ThemedFormBehavior.PaintTitleBar(Graphics hDCGraphics)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.ThemedFormBehavior.OnNCPaint(Graphics graphics)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.ThemedFormBehavior.OnWMNCPaint(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.ThemedFormBehavior.HandleWndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadFormBehavior.HandleWndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadFormControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)

Marco402

Hello Laffen
The problem probably comes from the sample rate being too high.
What source do you use to arrive at a sample rate of 10000000?
Marc

Laffen

Hi Marc. I use Airspy R2. Changed from 10 MSPS to 2.5 MSPS and this worked very well. Plugin has now been running for 6 hours without stopping or any problems. Great plugin:) Thanks!

n5stq

ok I have tried everything to get this plugin to show in the menu. I have tried old versions of sdr# and new versions, tried with magicline and without, tried just folder in plugins, made sure dll's removed from bin, removed all plugins except rtl_433 folder and no matter what I do it will not show in the menu. Yes I tried the old dll's and newest dll's and still nothing. It works as a stand alone program with my rtl-sdr dongle. but it will not install as a plugin for sdr#. What am I missing??? The config file is correct and I have install other plugins and they install immediately on next run???

Last edited:

sjacket99

FuzzThePiGuy
Feed Provider
ok I have tried everything to get this plugin to show in the menu. I have tried old versions of sdr# and new versions, tried with magicline and without, tried just folder in plugins, made sure dll's removed from bin, removed all plugins except rtl_433 folder and no matter what I do it will not show in the menu. Yes I tried the old dll's and newest dll's and still nothing. It works as a stand alone program with my rtl-sdr dongle. but it will not install as a plugin for sdr#. What am I missing??? The config file is correct and I have install other plugins and they install immediately on next run???

Here is a link to my website that might help you. RTL_433 Plugin

n5stq

Here is a link to my website that might help you. RTL_433 Plugin
I have seen your videos and followed instructions on yours and other website but if you read my post, none of it is working to get it to show up in the menu. I don't know if I am missing some dll file for windows or what the problem is!

n5stq

that has the magicline, I am using sdr# 1860 no magic line is used. but I have tried older versions with magicline and still no go!

sjacket99

FuzzThePiGuy
Feed Provider
that has the magicline, I am using sdr# 1860 no magic line is used. but I have tried older versions with magicline and still no go!

try and put the rtl433 files in a folder and place it in the Plugins folder for sdr#. I remember doing that for newer versions of sdr#.