SDR# RTL433 Plugin For SDR# Now Available

Marco402

Hi n5stq

I confirm that the magicLine is no longer needed in the latest versions of SDRSharp

You can try the version that displays 3 messagebox when loading dlls.

dll here

Marc

n5stq

try and put the rtl433 files in a folder and place it in the Plugins folder for sdr#. I remember doing that for newer versions of sdr#.
already did that and no go. also tried removing all other plugin folders and just leaving the rtl_433 folder and no go. I have installed other plugins by doing just what you said and they installed no problem.

n5stq

Upgraded to v1865 sdr# this morning and it removed the rtl_433 folder in plugins, I recreated the folder and redownloaded the 1.5.5 dll's and still not installing???

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
That got mine working too. Apparently having an underscore as part of the folder name under Plugins is not allowed, but does not throw an error, the plugin simply fails to load when starting SDR#.

1657223867545.png

Marco402

This is an interesting track but I don't have the problem with the underline in the folder name ?

For the unknown, the honda device in rtl433 processes 3 codes: "boot", "unlock", "lock"
In the device file ondaremote.c: Identifies button event, but does not attempt to decrypt rolling code...

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Yes Marco, it seems that was just coincidence. Somehow I had bad copies of the actual .dll files. When I retrieved them from plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp/install/1.5.5.0 at master · marco402/plugin-Rtl433-for-SdrSharp , it started working. Still tweaking the Airspy settings, I can see the messages at 433 MHz on the SDR# (v. 1868) display, but they're not triggering decodes. I'm sure it has something to do with the sample rate.

This is an interesting track but I don't have the problem with the underline in the folder name ?

For the unknown, the honda device in rtl433 processes 3 codes: "boot", "unlock", "lock"
In the device file ondaremote.c: Identifies button event, but does not attempt to decrypt rolling code...

Marco402

I have no problem with 1865 with an SDR key on USB, I used install-rtlsdr.bat.
I set up sdrsharp as shown in the plugin window:

Parameters configure source
mode-> sampling
quadrature sampling
Preferred Sample Rate->
0.25 MSPS, imposed if record .wav
Tuner AGC On corresponds to auto gain with rtl433) can be manually-> off.
RTL AGC On.(not the AGC panel) can be set off if good signals.

No problem for me.
Check that the sample rate and frequency are correct at the plugin level.

Marco

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I have the Airspy set on 2.5 MSPS with the Decimation set on 2, and it seems to be doing the trick:

1657610675479.png

I have no problem with 1865 with an SDR key on USB, I used install-rtlsdr.bat.
I set up sdrsharp as shown in the plugin window:

Parameters configure source
mode-> sampling
quadrature sampling
Preferred Sample Rate->
0.25 MSPS, imposed if record .wav
Tuner AGC On corresponds to auto gain with rtl433) can be manually-> off.
RTL AGC On.(not the AGC panel) can be set off if good signals.

No problem for me.
Check that the sample rate and frequency are correct at the plugin level.

Marco

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
I've been testing RTL433 for a couple of months. Using it through my RTL or AirSpy SDRs has brought in decent results. I recently connected my ICOM IC-R8500 Rec out to the Sound Card baseband option in Airspy to decode with the RTL_433 plugin. After a some fiddling with the input levels and bandwidth I was able to bring in a lot more hits. The Icom is more sensitive and has better filtering than the SDRs. However, I'm a little confused about the reported frequencies in the tables. I have a lot of activity on 345 MHz - home security systems and garage door openers, but when I check the frequency in the table it reports 433.9 or 434. I'm not sure if this is something that the plugin is misreporting? Not sure if I'm missing something?

Attachments

• SCR1.PNG
    SCR1.PNG
    359.2 KB · Views: 16

Ubbe

Not sure if I'm missing something?
The plugin will have nu clue of what frequency you have set in your 8500. So disregard any frequency report, you'll have to look at your 8500 to know the exact single frequency.

The advantage of using a SDR receiver are that the plugin can detect all signals withing the frequency range that the SDR can sample. You see that in the frequency reports. Have you tried setting the gain to max or use external antenna amplifier?

/Ubbe

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I've been testing RTL433 for a couple of months. Using it through my RTL or AirSpy SDRs has brought in decent results. I recently connected my ICOM IC-R8500 Rec out to the Sound Card baseband option in Airspy to decode with the RTL_433 plugin. After a some fiddling with the input levels and bandwidth I was able to bring in a lot more hits. The Icom is more sensitive and has better filtering than the SDRs. However, I'm a little confused about the reported frequencies in the tables. I have a lot of activity on 345 MHz - home security systems and garage door openers, but when I check the frequency in the table it reports 433.9 or 434. I'm not sure if this is something that the plugin is misreporting? Not sure if I'm missing something?

I have and IC-R9500, had 3 IC-R8500, and 6 AirSpy. the AirSpy out does the others when properly adjusted. How were you passing the signal to the RTL-433 program?

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
I have and IC-R9500, had 3 IC-R8500, and 6 AirSpy. the AirSpy out does the others when properly adjusted. How were you passing the signal to the RTL-433 program?

I fed the Rec out to the PC running SDRsharp (1906) using the Soundcard Baseband device option.

Also, I'd be interested in how your Airspy units are "adjusted" where they outperform the 9500. I usually have much better results digging out low signals with my 8500s, but if the R2 can be tweaked, I'll be happy to test that out.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I fed the Rec out to the PC running SDRsharp (1906) using the Soundcard Baseband device option.

Also, I'd be interested in how your Airspy units are "adjusted" where they outperform the 9500. I usually have much better results digging out low signals with my 8500s, but if the R2 can be tweaked, I'll be happy to test that out.

But how did you pass the signal...should be using virtual audio (I use free VBCable--worked better than paid VAC).
I peak the R2 by putting in manual mode and tuning a station and adjusting for best signal-to-noise (and that depends on what band/antenna/any pre-amp I am using)--it took experimenting. The R8500 is a great (looks and performance) receiver. I had 3 but gave them away to friends--just not enough room.