Rutherford County Fire/EMS dispatch

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
While driving through Rutherford County yesterday, I noticed that both fire and EMS are now being dispatched by a computer generated voice. I think this is a first for any county or municipality in the western part of the state. It also appears that EMS is now 100% on VIPER and the VHF fire frequency is patched to VIPER, with several departments utilizing VIPER side of the patch exclusively. Just an interesting observation I thought I'd pass along.

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Over the Christmas holiday, I noted no activity on 159.195. Based on what I heard, paging fire departments is on VIPER Rutherford Fire (TG 41002) only, no more patch to VHF. My guess is VHF frequencies are used for backup purposes now.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I get them on 151.310.
151.130/114.8 PL is what you're hearing, and that's Transylvania County Fire, a few counties to the west of Rutherford.

I note that 159.195 and 155.055 are no longer active as confirmed previously by @NCFireman11. I will update the trunked system links on the database page for Rutherford County to reflect this. I note that 159.195/77.0 PL is still used for control/communication with their Outdoor Warning/Siren System.

154.845/167.9 PL is still active as a patch to VIPER for the Sheriffs Office.

Henderson Co Fire and EMS dispatch are still simulcast on their VHF channels - 154.430 and 155.265. It's tone-out and dispatch only - the operations radio traffic is of course on their encrypted NXDN trunked system.

Slowly, VHF analog conventional radio traffic is fading away in Upstate SC and Western NC.