Sad News (loss of a member)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

The passing of a friend

The passing of a friend who shares your hobby is always hard to deal with... The loss of a friend who shares your own interest is hard enough to find these days. The information lost, the talent and skill in helping out fellow hobbies will always be a loss, We the remaining few most continue the stride in his and others memories. Can any body supply this forum with a picture and supply some comforting word.

K8PBX

Can anyone suggest an appropriate member title for Brent (and our other members who have passed)? I know that silent key is used in the Ham Community, however I'd like to come up with something in our community that shows the contributions these individuals have made to this site and our hobby.

Someone also suggested that we posthumously make him a DBAdmin... for which I'll do this weekend.

Just wondering... was there ever a consensus reached regarding an appropriate member title, and also making Brent an honorary DBAdmin?

bama9999

I too would like to add my condolences and express my shock at finding out that he had passed away. I had no idea until earlier this morning when I read a post where Don S. referred to him as "the late forum member qlajlu". I agree with the many others who have posted about how helpful he was here on the RR forums.

Rest in peace.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know Brent, but by all that I have read about him here, I know that I would have liked him. Though his scanner has now fallen silent, it is very evident that his memory will live on through the people who's life he touched.

cfr301

I only had a couple of exchanges with Brent, but reading these post makes me realize that was my misfortune. A couple of things come to mind here, several good ideas have been presented, I might suguest that his VERY sharp looking Avatar, be reserved for him alone. We've lost an Eagle.

One can not begin to thank this man for what hes done here, but even more what he did in service for our country in the military and as a Utah Police Officer. as a retired Police officer I'd like to say rest in peace brother.

Rick

Utah_Viper

I just came across something in one of my posts that reminded me that we need to still finalize a way to memorialize Brent and his contributions to RR. I will flag this post to the Admins to remind them.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I just came across something in one of my posts that reminded me that we need to still finalize a way to memorialize Brent and his contributions to RR. I will flag this post to the Admins to remind them.
I wasn't aware of this thread until now so I've moved it to Community Announcements. qlajlu/Brent did a lot for RR so I think others outside of Utah should be let known.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
I Just found this post tonight and I never met or talked to the man, His post have been helpful to me in a few ways, But I have an idea for the rr group.

How about a "hall of Fame" status for our friends on the other side, and that way they can be on the site forever and kept in remembrance, forever!

Just an idea!

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I was not aware of this and want to thank Wayne for moving this thread to be more visible.

Although I have not met Brent personally I could tell he was a great man helping out members here. His family and the RR family has lost a wonderful person.

Let him RIP and god bless his family.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I also was not aware of this and am thankful to both Wayne and Viper for bringing it to our attention. I too will miss Brent's advice and help that he dispensed here. :(

Audiodave1

Database Admin
So sorry to hear of his friends, families and the communities loss. I remember reading a number of his well expressed and thought out posts.

May Brent and everyone around him find peace.

Dave

colby4601

Rest in peace, Brent. Thank you not only for your service to RR, but also to your nation.

Godspeed.

Septa3371CSX1

Interestingly enough, I just came across this thread myself and clicked onto his profile. When I looked at it, his last activity on this forum was 01/25/2010 at 2 in the morning. Hmmm interesting perhaps he is still helping us from beyond the grave. Either way, Rest In Peace!

Mike_G_D

I, too, was not aware of this until now. Very sad indeed - I found Brent/glajlu's posts to be well thought out and very helpful to beginners and seasoned members alike. His posts seemed to have an "air of selflessness" if that is possible for forum posts. My sincere condolences go to his family and friends.

-Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The Eagle was a good guy as far as any communications I had with him. He will be missed. Antenna at half mast. (Don't have a flag)

Status
Not open for further replies.