San Diego City 800MHz Trunked System Rebanding Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpablo

Rebranding is just a giant money spending project.

Right! I know Sprint paid tens of millions towards rebanding projects around the county due to the interference of the iDEN spectrum of NEXTEL that Sprint acquired and in return, they received a large amount of spectrum in a swap. Looking back, I think the value of the spectrum they received in the swap way exceeded what they paid for rebanding projects around the country. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

dsefcik

SDPD Favorites With working Frequencies attached, just import and modify as needed.

Attachments

• SDPD-03-03-2019.hpe.zip
    2 KB · Views: 62

markbcd436hp

Premium Subscriber
Well, I found the Import and got luck and placed it in the correct folder.....then ..... magic... I loaded. and I am back up and running !!!!!

Thanks very much. You saved me a trip to the store for re programming !!!!!

dsefcik

Glad I could I help, hopefully the RR database will get updated by someone soon.
Well, I found the Import and got luck and placed it in the correct folder.....then ..... magic... I loaded. and I am back up and running !!!!!

Thanks very much. You saved me a trip to the store for re programming !!!!!

aaron1964

Does anyone know how or when the Sentinel database for SDPD will be updated? Evidently this is the only way I can program San Diego new rebanded frequencies.

dsefcik

Does anyone know how or when the Sentinel database for SDPD will be updated? Evidently this is the only way I can program San Diego new rebanded frequencies.
You can use the file I uploaded and import as a temp Fav list until the DB gets updated. It literally is really only a few simple changes already outlined in this thread.

otismyman

Premium Subscriber
Until someone with privileges is able to change the control channels on the RRdb, anyone who uses Sentinel will not be able to hear SD City unless they know to come here or how to manually edit their favorites lists.

Paul
Thanks Paul and everyone that posted the info!
No problem on my TRX-1 with the info provided above.......... HP-1 is still a no-go. Can't find any way to manually change the control channels and will have to wait for RR.

otismyman

Premium Subscriber
Ok.........RR has been updated with the new San Diego City control frequencies. Sentinel works fine for my HP-1

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks to @LAflyer for the timely updates to the system frequencies the day of. I’ve since been able to run Unitrunker to get all the control channels in the db, so there shouldn’t be any further issues for those with RR based scanners.

JoeyC

Can anyone explain what the Site 3 (Point Loma) is all about? I don't recall seeing that site in the DB before rebanding. There is no control channel(s) identified and I haven't bothered (yet) to listen to those freqs to see if they are carrying any traffic.

For that matter, Site 2 San Pasqual Valley has always been a control channel only site. What goes on there and does this control channel use the same voice channels as site 1 up in that area? How does that work?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My county and city Motorola radios when site searching only identify "Site 2" as available. There is no Site 1 or 3 as far as my radios are concerned. Site 2 is the main SD City 800 system...if you press hold on a Uniden it will identify the control channel as site 002.

Paul

DanRollman

Database Admin
Can anyone explain what the Site 3 (Point Loma) is all about? I don't recall seeing that site in the DB before rebanding. There is no control channel(s) identified and I haven't bothered (yet) to listen to those freqs to see if they are carrying any traffic.

According to the license, the Point Loma site is an intellirepeater site at the wastewater treatment plant down on Gathchel Road. Considering how terrible the simulcast system sounds (when you can hear it at all) on the far SW end of Point Loma, I am not surprised they did (or will) drop an intellirepeater site out there. Should also help signal quality on the ocean side of Cabrillo NM and the Point Loma Ecological Reserve area.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I will drive out there next week to verify its existence...maybe a site out there would keep them from having to use simplex to do cliff rescues at Ladera.

Paul

jwong22

I can confirm that both my TRX-1 and SDS-100 were successfully programmed for the rebranded system by entering the new control channels and setting system type to standard or default.
After rebranding my TRX-1, to the new SD city, my scanner would stop at the talk groups but no audio... Any advise will be helpful... thanks

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Please ensure your bandplan is set correctly...

Under (EZ Scan) Trunked System Site Information, highlight the SD City site, then you will see the control channel tab. Click into the next tab over, Site options, and set Trunking Table Type to DEFAULT. Make sure the selection under the default menu option says Type II.

After rebranding my TRX-1, to the new SD city, my scanner would stop at the talk groups but no audio... Any advise will be helpful... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.