San Juan Co. Sheriff

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
It seems that San Juan SO is no longer dispatched by Montrose CSP. I cannot tell who is dispatching for them. I hear the dispatcher ID as "Craig" and a lot of the traffic is to/from "PD##" units. I can assume this is Craig CSP dispatch but would like to confirm. The San Juan SO dispatch DTRS TG is patched to this unknown police department.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I figured it out,,,, like I thought I would. San Juan SO is dispatched by Craig CSP. SJSO TG is patched with TG 8094 (Moffat Co. SO, Craig PD).

I always thought it odd when an agency is dispatched by another agency and they do not have a geographic relation. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things,, just seems weird to me.

Troop

So CSP Montrose can only dispatch CSP units and not an additional one or two San Juan SO units during construction? Weird.
Well it's not uncommon for our centers to take over for other centers whether it's temporary or long term. I work the Denver metro area and we had Alamosa for 2 days.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Well it's not uncommon for our centers to take over for other centers whether it's temporary or long term. I work the Denver metro area and we had Alamosa for 2 days.
Yes, I do hear that from time to time. Thanks for the follow-up.