Santa Fe New Mexico

Aurban1331

Hi and good morning everybody I have a question for anybody that would know the answer for that is the Santa Fe police department and fire department is on a P 25 trunk frequency but for the past three weeks, I cannot get any thing on my scanner. I have the uniden SDS 100 and is a very good scanner. I have no problems listening to the state police and sheriffs. I used to be able to hear anything with the city cops but like I said it has went radio silent. Can anybody help you with this problem? I am new to this form. Thank you very much and have a good day.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Hi and good morning everybody I have a question for anybody that would know the answer for that is the Santa Fe police department and fire department is on a P 25 trunk frequency but for the past three weeks, I cannot get any thing on my scanner. I have the uniden SDS 100 and is a very good scanner. I have no problems listening to the state police and sheriffs. I used to be able to hear anything with the city cops but like I said it has went radio silent. Can anybody help you with this problem? I am new to this form. Thank you very much and have a good day.
They've moved to the New Mexico statewide digital trunking system, which works in the 700 MHz range, and which also means they're transmitting on P25 Phase 2.

RadioReference has published their new talkgroups in their database here, so you might want to make certain you've got the new information correctly entered in your SDS100. I see you're in Santa Fe, so to keep things simple, you might want to only activate the Tesuque Peak repeater. Depending on how you've programmed that system (search vs. scan modes in the trunked system) you will also hear some traffic from nearby agencies such in Sandoval and Bernalillo counties.

Happy monitoring!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)