Sarnia Chemical Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Was down in the valley today and it looks like there have been a fair number of changes to the systems in the area... frequencies changed and/or removed at multiple locations and it appears the Dow system (2F2F) is now off the air. All the frequencies assigned to that system now show as Telus/IDEN Digital on TAFL so I'm guessing they went to an in-house Mike system. I will be in the area again tomorrow and once I pull all my notes together I will post any updates & changes here.

VE3RADIO

Was down in the valley today and it looks like there have been a fair number of changes to the systems in the area... frequencies changed and/or removed at multiple locations and it appears the Dow system (2F2F) is now off the air. All the frequencies assigned to that system now show as Telus/IDEN Digital on TAFL so I'm guessing they went to an in-house Mike system. I will be in the area again tomorrow and once I pull all my notes together I will post any updates & changes here.

well iDen wont be supported past 2013 so I assume a lot of those places will move on

VE3JSO

dow is no longer operating in sarnia any more and transalta corp is using the former dow land

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Submitted a whack of changes for the area. A quick summary:

- updated and corrected frequencies for Nova Chemicals - Corunna Site
- added Nova Chemicals Moore TRS
- added Nova Chemicals St Clair TRS
- updated and corrected frequencies for Shell Canada
- added conventional channel for Ontario Power Generation - Lambton Generating Station
- added conventional frequencies for LanXess
- added conventional frequencies for Imperial Oil
- the Dow system has been submitted as offline

Not sure what's going on with the Terra system in Courtright. I didn't monitor any activity what so ever on the system, just the control channel running idle. I did log some conventional/repeatered comms in the area but I can't confirm it belonged to them.

I believe the TransAlta 800mhz system is gone as well, but I forgot to check that one....

mciupa

Database Admin
I've added all of your submissions.

I want to thank you Forts for your efforts. :cool:

VE3JSO

check the system and i am ether too far away or the system is down i varify that if i go down st clair parkway next week

VE3JSO

i programed the freq in my pro 90 just to see if i can find the control channel and i can't find it and i am near suncor tank farm that is just past indian road overpast i think if they are still useing that system the range is very limited to on site and i think the plant is located in or near courtright so i think the range that is listed on the database might be wrong

Last edited:

greenhorn123

i programed the freq in my pro 90 just to see if i can find the control channel and i can't find it and i am near suncor tank farm that is just past indian road overpast i think if they are still useing that system the range is very limited to on site and i think the plant is located in or near courtright so i think the range that is listed on the database might be wrong

If you are on Indian Rd, just past the rail overpass, heading south, To your left is Enbridge's tank farm, and to your Right is Imperial Oil's tank farm

Status
Not open for further replies.