scanner freq steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgeneral

couple of questions for you guys====
I just puchased a used pro-162 , and was entering some freqs for putnam county, FL. one of the freqs was 154.2125 which my scanner rounded up to 154.2150. I understand my scanner has steps but should i even bother programming freqs that have this (off step) ( can i still get reception of them I guess

secondly I would like to build my own simple antenna any reccomendations as type or links for instructions or ideas?

Thanks

DickH

couple of questions for you guys====
I just puchased a used pro-162 , and was entering some freqs for putnam county, FL. one of the freqs was 154.2125 which my scanner rounded up to 154.2150. I understand my scanner has steps but should i even bother programming freqs that have this (off step) ( can i still get reception of them I guess

secondly I would like to build my own simple antenna any reccomendations as type or links for instructions or ideas?

Thanks

1. The PRO-162 does not have the new narrowband step sizes, but .2125 is just 2.5.kHz away from .2150 so you should hear them OK.
2. An 18" wire is 1/4 wavelength at 154MHz. That's as good as you can do without an expensive gain antenna. I use #12 solid copper house wiring.

zgeneral

could you be just a tad more specific on the antenna ? is it soldered to a bnc connector. with or w/o insulator etc... and thank you for your previous input

Status
Not open for further replies.