Scanner models that receive 380 MHz on FM?

10-43

Premium Subscriber
Take a serious look into the BCT15X. Full 225-400 Mhz coverage. Configurable to 25Khz frequency steps and AM mode on any frequency range.

Best scanner I have ever owned for aviation scanning. Civilian or MilAir. I worked Air Field Systems Maintenance in the US Air Force and have had the pleasure of using and maintaining a lot of great aviation radios. The reception capability of the BCT15X compares quite favorably to the best of those.

I use it only for Civilian and MilAir. Easily configurable for 25Khz spacing and AM mode in 137-144, 148-150.8 MHz band for MilAir as well as the 225-400 MHz range.

It is an analog trunk tracker, but I don't use it for that.

Sound is clear and loud. Sensitivity is very good, selectivity very good. Very good image and intermod rejection.

Available from Amazon, ships from and sold by Amazon so easy to return. Bought mine there July 2014. It was the best price then and seems to be the best price now. It comes with an RS-232 programming cable, but you don't need to buy the USB programming cable. Just get a good USB to RS-232 cable. I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QCH753K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Download and use FreeScan to program. It is free. FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Oops. Wrong USB serial cable. This is the correct one to match with the cable included with the BCT15X.
DriverGenius USB to Serial RS232 DB9 Adapter Cable with 3 x LED Indicators - Prolific PL2303 - Compatible for Windows 11, macOS 14 Sonoma, Linux (USB232A-B, 3ft/1m) https://a.co/d/dyakCSR

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Oops. Wrong USB serial cable. This is the correct one to match with the cable included with the BCT15X.
DriverGenius USB to Serial RS232 DB9 Adapter Cable with 3 x LED Indicators - Prolific PL2303 - Compatible for Windows 11, macOS 14 Sonoma, Linux (USB232A-B, 3ft/1m) https://a.co/d/dyakCSR
It’s better to just use a USB to serial adapter with the included serial cable. I’ve used it on Windows 7/8/10 and Debian Linux with no problem and the computer recognizes as if it were a built in serial port so you don‘t have to deal with driver issues from the cables chips in them. I got it back in 2015 with a kenwood serial cable to program everyone‘s baofengs in my club after they had issues with FTDI. Works great with free scan as well for the uniden.

BinaryMode

I've read on this website that the old Keyspan serial to USB adapters were good. So I bought one on eBay and have yet to use it. LOL But I'm sure the Keyspan adapters are pretty legit.

[USA-19HS | DigiKey Electronics

Last edited:

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
It's a very versatile analog scanner with great performance. Seems to be overlooked too often. For the price it is an outstanding deal.
indeed, which is why it has been produced for so long still and has been my most heavily used workhorse radios for the past 10 years, even more so than my R20 surprisingly. I still consider it one of the best things I own.