Scanner Screen: Free Open Source Software for Uniden Scanners

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Hello Uniden scanner enthusiasts!

I am excited to introduce Scanner Screen, a free and open-source software application designed to enhance your scanning experience with Uniden scanners.

Scanner Screen offers a range of powerful features to streamline your scanning workflow:

• Real-time monitoring of scanned frequencies with customizable display colors and font sizes
  • Logging of scanned data to a file for easy record-keeping
  • Text-to-speech support for channel, department, and system information
  • Real-Time Grid view of scanned transmissions for quick browsing
  • Wide compatibility with various Uniden scanner models
  • Persistent settings across sessions for a seamless experience
  • Built-in scanning code lookup for quick reference
  • Efficient memory management to ensure stable performance during extended scanning sessions
Scanner Screen is developed with the scanner community in mind, and as an open source project, it welcomes contributions and feedback from users like you.

You can download Scanner Screen for free from the project's SourceForge page: Scanner Screen

The source code is also available on the project's GitHub repository: GitHub - vrwallace/ScannerScreenPC: Enhance Uniden scanning with real-time monitoring & logging

I encourage you to try out Scanner Screen and share your thoughts, suggestions, and bug reports. Together, we can make Scanner Screen an even better tool for the Uniden scanner community.

If you find Scanner Screen useful, please consider starring the project on GitHub and sharing it with fellow scanner enthusiasts.

Thank you for your support, and happy scanning!
Thank you Unified IT Tools: IP & Email Analysis, Trend Studies

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Is this the same product from 2014 or is it totally different or improved?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Is this the same product from 2014 or is it totally different or improved?

Rewrote parts of it, as I lost the source code for the latest PC version. So I took the mac version and rewrote parts of it

I will be adding to it now. Its free open source so you can download the code and make your own or improve it.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Logging issue: "File handling error occurred, logging will be disabled. ElnOutError/Invalid FIlename
How fix?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
It only works via a serial connection. I have a 536 and nothing else.

Logging issue: "File handling error occurred, logging will be disabled. ElnOutError/Invalid FIlename
How fix?
Works for me. Let me look at the code when I get home. I will modify the debug statement to show the file name.

What version of windows?
What language country?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Works for me. Let me look at the code when I get home. I will modify the debug statement to show the file name.

What version of windows?
What language country?
Try the version on sourceforge now let me know if different

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Will modify debug statement tonight

It should be saving it to your documents folder do you see a folder in there called screen scanner logs?

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
Props for your open source tool, but I wouldn't expect too many contributions being that it's written in PASCAL.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
still get error as admin - sorry
Okay I made a quick change to the debug statement when the error occurs it will show the file path it is trying to use in () at the very end.
Paste it here please
Also I have seen some AVs block writing to the documents folder, its a sub folder of it though.
I have also seen Excel lock the files when you open it with it.
Its working for me so I am not sure just yet.
Since there is no Scanner Screen Log folder in your documents I am assuming something is blocking it.
The path you paste will tell me if its invalid as well.
*** "If the path has your name in it remove that part and put in its place username"

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Okay I made a quick change to the debug statement when the error occurs it will show the file path it is trying to use in () at the very end.
Paste it here please
Also I have seen some AVs block writing to the documents folder, its a sub folder of it though.
I have also seen Excel lock the files when you open it with it.
Its working for me so I am not sure just yet.
Since there is no Scanner Screen Log folder in your documents I am assuming something is blocking it.
The path you paste will tell me if its invalid as well.
*** "If the path has your name in it remove that part and put in its place username"
The program version should show 2.641