Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Nice work , I like the color options.
Is there a way to change the voice - female / male - or custom ?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Nice work , I like the color options.
Is there a way to change the voice - female / male - or custom ?

Hello what scanner are you using it on?

Later I may add the option to change the voice.

Glad you like the colors

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Great software Vonskie...

With so many great options available to choose from now, can there be a way to save all the choices for the next startup instead of setting all the choices at each startup? Such as a CFG or INI file?

Also, just an FYI...

I don't know which version fixed the problem I was having, but somewhere after the text to speech was first implemented.... It would run perfectly on my primary monitor, but when I slid the window over to a second monitor in a dual monitor setup, the program would crash within a few seconds. But all is well now on either monitor.

And one other question... I haven't tried it yet, but is there any reason you could see that I wouldn't be able to run 2 instances of the program at the same time using 2 different scanners with 2 different COM ports?

Obviously using the text to speech option wouldn't be a good idea, but I wonder if I could have an instance running on each monitor.

Thanks again for a great effort.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Great software Vonskie...

With so many great options available to choose from now, can there be a way to save all the choices for the next startup instead of setting all the choices at each startup? Such as a CFG or INI file?

Also, just an FYI...

I don't know which version fixed the problem I was having, but somewhere after the text to speech was first implemented.... It would run perfectly on my primary monitor, but when I slid the window over to a second monitor in a dual monitor setup, the program would crash within a few seconds. But all is well now on either monitor.

And one other question... I haven't tried it yet, but is there any reason you could see that I wouldn't be able to run 2 instances of the program at the same time using 2 different scanners with 2 different COM ports?

Obviously using the text to speech option wouldn't be a good idea, but I wonder if I could have an instance running on each monitor.

Thanks again for a great effort.

Yes you could run multiple programs with different com ports to monitor multiple scanners. Should work okay. TTS to speech might choke though.

Not sure what was causing the multiple monitor issue but glad its fixed now.

Yes will be adding a config save option just need to think it through incase people have multiple scanners they want to load configs for.

Glad you like it.

Brian7M3

Premium Subscriber
Very nice program. Thank you!

I have noticed that on some channels, it works properly and shows the System but on others it shows "Main" or "Confirmed LCN" instead of the system name. I have attached a screenshot of one where the scanner shows Hartford (City) as the System but the program shows Main, so you have no way of knowing it is Hartford unless you look at the scanner or download it from RR Main DB into a favorites list and rename everything.

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 367

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

I have noticed that on some channels, it works properly and shows the System but on others it shows "Main" or "Confirmed LCN" instead of the system name. I have attached a screenshot of one where the scanner shows Hartford (City) as the System but the program shows Main, so you have no way of knowing it is Hartford unless you look at the scanner or download it from RR Main DB into a favorites list and rename everything.

Thanks,
Brian

The GLG command I am using only returns what is in the Raw data box. That is all I have to display.

Once uniden releases their Remote command reference and say the serial port is officially supported, I will look at other commands to get more details.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber

Thanks,
Brian

You can change the text that appears by editing the Favorites list.
For trunked systems, edit the Site name.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

Thanks,
Brian

I notice that the trunk system in question is an EDACS system. You say in the above quoteblock that the scanner shows the System line to be "Hartford (City)", but the GLG raw data in the lower left corner of your screenshot is clearly only providing the site name. (And if I may make a tangential editorial comment, RR should stop calling sites "Confirmed LCN" or "Main" - they should accurately represent what they are; even if they're the only site in the system, their geographical location could be listed there.)

Anyway - I don't have an EDACS system to test my hypothesis on, but on Motorola and P25 systems, the site name (at least on my 436 screen) is in small text below the Department. First question - are you using a 436 or 536? Second question - does "Main" appear anywhere and if so where?

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I noticed when you turn on Priority, if it's on a channel , it will only display "scanning" until it is switched back momentarily by stopping on a channel. Strange behavior?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Currently the settings are saved in the same location as the exe.

If the exe is on the desktop then it will save the settings there.

You could create a directory and save the screenscanner.exe there then create a short cut to the exe.

Eventually I will create an installer that will do this.

What do you mean wont load? does the program crash?

Thanks Chucky fixed it in newest version

Last edited:

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Is there an easy way to have the app check the comm port to reconnect? If I am using the app, and I pull the USB and plug it back in, select Mass Storage mode, to update a favorites list, and then unplug the USB and plug it back in and select serial mode, the app doesnt reconnect without stretching the window back out, unhiding the settings, and clicking on connect. Is there an easy way to have it automatically keep looking for the scanner every 10 seconds or so on the last opened comm port and reconnecting when the scanner shows up there again? Lacking that, is there a way to move the connect button to the left where the raw data box is now, so if you have the screen shrunk down to just show the 4 lines of scanner data, you dont have to resize the window to reconnect?

_Or_ put a Connect dialog box on the Settings Menu, so I can just click connect there?

Not a problem probably for someone just listening, but I am always tweeking things and reloading favorites :)

Also, you never posted your paypal name, for dontations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.