Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

firenutts

driver?

Do you have the scanner serial driver installed?

If you do make sure you are selecting that com port.

Sometimes if you switch USB ports the com port changes with windows so look in device manager.

Sometime the scanner needs to be restarted and put back into serial mode firmware bug I guess.

how do i find out if it is installed? Where do I find the driver? Im am pretty compter illiterate ....
i have looked all over the files and dont see a driver for this scanner. My sentinal loaded and works fine.

never mind.... found it thru googling it was on wiki

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
how do i find out if it is installed? Where do I find the driver? Im am pretty compter illiterate ....
i have looked all over the files and dont see a driver for this scanner. My sentinal loaded and works fine.

Which scanner do you have?
And what version of windows?

Windows Serial Drivers
If you connect the scanner to your Windows PC and select Serial mode, you will be prompted for the proper driver. Download and unzip the following file:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HP/Windows_Serial_Drivers.zip

When prompted, select the uniden_usbser.inf file.

Last edited:

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Still havent heard anything from Uniden on getting my 536HP back. Should have been here today if they did what they promised on the recall procedures. If its not here Monday, Im might drive down to Texas and see them in person for a replacement. Its working good on the 436HP tho. Havent had any errors at all.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Anyone want to create a help file on how to get the program up and running. No pictures just text with links. Just type it up and send me the text. I will give you credit for it in the help screen.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I've had to kill your program a few times by going to Task Manager to end the application.
That has happened when the program displayed an I/O Error message and would not close normally.
But now I see several instances of ScannerScreen.exe listed under the Process tab.
They have memory allocations of from 56K to 104K. It's impossible to kill them using the End Process button. It requires a reboot.
So when your program does not close normally, there is something that isn't behaving properly.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I've had to kill your program a few times by going to Task Manager to end the application.
That has happened when the program displayed an I/O Error message and would not close normally.
But now I see several instances of ScannerScreen.exe listed under the Process tab.
They have memory allocations of from 56K to 104K. It's impossible to kill them using the End Process button. It requires a reboot.
So when your program does not close normally, there is something that isn't behaving properly.

Thank you for the heads up, have not seen this on my windows 8 system.

Very strange.

Did you have TTS enabled?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

Please try the latest version and let me know.

Version .32 just posted

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
So the installer crashed when it tried to close, and I can't get rid of the Completing Setup final screen and I can't kill the installer Application nor the Process in Task Manager.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Strange the installer crashed I tested it several times on my machine.

If anyone else has problems with the installer let me know.

Also let me know the version of windows.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I there is a link above for the non installer version if the installer is giving you problems for version .32

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.