Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Sorry i don't have one to help you out.

Can you add a button to remember windows position and settings? Also i don't know if i asked this but is it possible to have real time scanner window info?

Are you talking about the grid settings?

using the GLG command if the scanner is not active all it returns is GLG,,,,,, that is when the scanning or idle message appears.

May use STS in the future

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
This time it locked up after 2 seconds.

Tomorrow afternoon (evening), when I have some time, I'll purge the x36HP drivers and the HP1 drivers from this machine, reboot it, and install the HP1 drivers fresh from a new download from the Uniden site, then try it again and see if that makes a difference.

Is there anything like baud rate that could be of concern? The port initially connected as COM41 at 9600, but I changed it to COM8 at 115200. (Tried it both ways with your program, made no difference).

I have an idea... Remove the HP-1 serial driver and try the one for the 536/436.

Its newer and might work. Please!

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
You running an HP-1?

PC or Mac version?

Sorry 436 and PC. But on 50 with the mac stuff in it I got the "Cannot find com port" lock up for about a minute then "I/O Error"

On 51 I get the same up to unfreezing when I get a message about "Instance" something.

With this thing it may be pure coincidence that it started messing up at the same time. I just don't know.

I'm planning on a system restore to before the time I installed 50 and will see what happens tomorrow when I do that. Not even Sentinal is working now.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Sorry 436 and PC. But on 50 with the mac stuff in it I got the "Cannot find com port" lock up for about a minute then "I/O Error"

On 51 I get the same up to unfreezing when I get a message about "Instance" something.

With this thing it may be pure coincidence that it started messing up at the same time. I just don't know.

I'm planning on a system restore to before the time I installed 50 and will see what happens tomorrow when I do that. Not even Sentinal is working now.

The program is a self contained file it does not install other things on your system or make changes.

You remove the file and its gone.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Question: Do you have to have the extreme update on the HP-1 for the serial to work?

I am looking at getting one used but I do not want to have to also purchase the extreme update to test out a free program.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
The program is a self contained file it does not install other things on your system or make changes.

You remove the file and its gone.

Okay thanks for the info. Like I said your program and the scanner's problems could be entirely unrelated just coincidental. The only reasoned I mentioned them was Jay saying exactly what started happening on mine.

Anyway thanks for getting back to me.

I don't know if the question following was directed at me or not but the answer if it was is no.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
FWIW and I'm beginning to think that isn't much.

I installed 2.57 and everything is now working fine. Sentinal, ARC 436 and your program.

2.57 is working great just like it used to. Although I do miss the separate log screen. 3 or so rows of info just doesn't do it.

As I said before coincidence or more I have no clue but its all good now.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
2.55 works with home patrol for me also you do need the
HP1 extreme firmware upgrade

USB Audio and Data Out — Want to set up your HomePatrol-1 to stream live audio to the web...without creating a rat's nest of wires? The Extreme Upgrade lets you do just that, sending both audio and the channel data out through the USB port to your computer. (Third-party software required for streaming applications.)

HomePatrolExtreme < HomePatrol < TWiki

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Screen shot from latest mac version

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 10.51.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 10.51.20 AM.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 195

nocpire

Code snippets

As soon as I pass my Network Cert (Oct?), I'm going to try (again) to learn programming. Nice screen shots too!!

NOC!

mrkelso

Version 259 for the Mac

Try to save settings and this pops up.
Plus the program is running very very sluggish. I am running the very latest OS with 32g of memory the max this machine will take this is a fairly new Mid 2011 iMac . I tried looking for the file it wants to create with no luck again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 12.58.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 12.58.25 PM.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 178

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Von,

I ran your version before last on my Mac Pro 3,1 and it would not connect to scanner. I then went back to the last version that used the tty? Connection. That one worked. Could mrlesko's problem be with that? I have not tried the latest one yet but maybe, if he had it running once before. Try one of the older revisions that had the tty style connection. Will try the newest version in a bit and let you know how I make out with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.