alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations it works!

HP1

With these ones front or rear port

996T
996XT
536HP

you can also run two programs at once one out front one the back like a remote head great for comparing different programs

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I am also having the HP1 version (252) lock up. It will run for a few seconds, and display properly if a signal comes through, but after less than 10 seconds, the program will completely freeze. Once, it said "Cannot read the COM port" and unfroze. The other 3-4 times I tried, it had to be closed via Task Manager.

The x36HP drivers appear to supersede the HP1 drivers. I had both installed on this machine, and while trying to troubleshoot this, I notice that my HP1 is showing up as "Uniden Serial Port", like the 436 does, instead of "Uniden HomePatrol Scanner" as it used to.

I can communicate with the radio on a PuTTY session.

Are you calculating the checksum for each command as per the protocol specification?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I am also having the HP1 version (252) lock up. It will run for a few seconds, and display properly if a signal comes through, but after less than 10 seconds, the program will completely freeze. Once, it said "Cannot read the COM port" and unfroze. The other 3-4 times I tried, it had to be closed via Task Manager.

The x36HP drivers appear to supersede the HP1 drivers. I had both installed on this machine, and while trying to troubleshoot this, I notice that my HP1 is showing up as "Uniden Serial Port", like the 436 does, instead of "Uniden HomePatrol Scanner" as it used to.

Are you calculating the checksum for each command as per the protocol specification?

yes calculating the checksum

I wish I had a hp-1 to test with

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

HP1

996T
996XT
536HP

you can also run two programs at once one out front one the back like a remote head great for comparing different programs

Do you have the hp-1 serial driver loaded plus the 536/436 serial driver?

Two people are having lock ups this is normally due to the serial driver.

how does the HP-1 show up in device manager?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

HP1

996T
996XT
536HP

Do you have the hp-1 serial driver loaded plus the 536/436 serial driver?

Two people are having lock ups this is normally due to the serial driver.

how does the HP-1 show up in device manager?

Oh and what version of windows?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Can I suggest you try to get in touch with the original poster in this thread? He made a program that's supposed to work with the HP1 (extreme). I used to have it working, but right now something's making it crash (the log files complain about the date format I'm using, of all things - I tried to reset it to the desired format, without luck).

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
This can cause disconnects or going to mass storage one reason
Device manager - universal serial bus controllers - USB root hub (check all of them) - power management
uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

also do the same for Generic USB Hub

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I'm also 8.1 - no 536 drivers, just the HP1 ones (that are a PITA to install).
Home Patrol 1 serial port Com3
Driver 3.0.0.0 of 7/6/2101

FWIW - working fine with Arc Patrol and logging
Ports baud is 115200

Is arc patrol running the same time you are running the program as only one device can communicate on the com port at one time.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

Not sure the program works fine with the serial drivers for the 396/996/436/536 but not for the HP-1 do you have the latest firmware loaded for the HP-1 and do you have the extreme upgrade.

Something about your serial driver for the HP-1 it does not like.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Not sure the program works fine with the serial drivers for the 396/996/436/536 but not for the HP-1 do you have the latest firmware loaded for the HP-1 and do you have the extreme upgrade.

Something about your serial driver for the HP-1 it does not like.

Yes, I have the Extreme Upgrade on both my HP1s, the latest firmware, and the drivers loaded, on both my desktop PC and my laptop. And, as stated before, I have no problems communicating with the radio in serial mode over a PuTTY session.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have the Extreme Upgrade on both my HP1s, the latest firmware, and the drivers loaded, on both my desktop PC and my laptop. And, as stated before, I have no problems communicating with the radio in serial mode over a PuTTY session.

Ok give me about ten minutes will post another version I have a hunch on something

I could be wrong but it is worth a shot.

Last edited:

boycesm

Great Work!

Really like this program for running across the room, and not having to squint at the scanner. Even though they have bigger screens, this is still faster than trying to figure out whats on the screen, Having the log also helps.

I have one suggestion, not sure if its been asked yet, is there a way you could add the Unit ID to be displayed as well? I like to tag them for the department they belong to so I can make my multi-agency TG's flash that city's color on the scanner. This would make it much easier to see and log if you could put it in another line.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Really like this program for running across the room, and not having to squint at the scanner. Even though they have bigger screens, this is still faster than trying to figure out whats on the screen, Having the log also helps.

I have one suggestion, not sure if its been asked yet, is there a way you could add the Unit ID to be displayed as well? I like to tag them for the department they belong to so I can make my multi-agency TG's flash that city's color on the scanner. This would make it much easier to see and log if you could put it in another line.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Yes UID is one item I will add.

Your welcome and what scanner do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.