Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Version 259 for the Mac

Try to save settings and this pops up.
Plus the program is running very very sluggish. I am running the very latest OS with 32g of memory the max this machine will take this is a fairly new Mid 2011 iMac . I tried looking for the file it wants to create with no luck again.

Please try the latest version 261

It will create the .config directory if it does not exist and hopefully allow you to save.

The function I use returns a config directory path it calculates but does not check to see if it exists.

So I added code to create it if it does not exist.

This is a guess...

Let me know.

As far as it running slow I do not know it runs blazing fast on mine.

Maybe try tty instead of cu.

mrkelso

Ok i tried release 260 and i get the same results as reported the last time Trying 261 now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 5.58.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 5.58.54 PM.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 307

mrkelso

Just tried 261 and it works ok (sluggish but ok) saves settings and scans under tty or usb.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Great thank you for helping me with this as there maybe other users that do not have the .config directory out there.

As far as the slowness this is very puzzling it is a very small program that only probes the scanner ever half second. No other activity.

It is fast on my system

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Just tried 261 and it works ok (sluggish but ok) saves settings and scans under tty or usb.

Can you pull up activity monitor under applications/utilities and tell me the amount of cpu % Scanner Screen is using mine is .1%-.5% really low as designed.

mrkelso

Is parallels running at the same time maybe they are fighting over the com port?

No Parallels was is not running. I will come back later and do the CPU readout for you, I have to go to the store before the wife kills me. :)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me how to use this code? I see it posted here and love the screen shot... But... It would help if those that have used it could instruct those that are not computer savy install it. I am running a IPad mini in my car, intending on using it as a vertual scanner, but waiting for the siren app so I don't need to hard wire the connection. But since this software audibly announces the system, I would hard wire the connection between the radio and the IPad mini.

mrkelso

The clock on your program and the clock on my iMac are 2 sec's apart and the sluggish thing feels about 2 sec's if that makes sense

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 8.05.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 8.05.23 PM.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 287

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
The clock on your program and the clock on my iMac are 2 sec's apart and the sluggish thing feels about 2 sec's if that makes sense

Well based on the screen shot it looks like the program is idle.

When do you notice the slow ness is it when you are resizing windows and moving them around?

If so click the disconnect from scanner and then try it.

If its more responsive after doing that then it is something with the serial communications causing the lag.

Is the slowness there when you have the computer connected to the front of the scanner also?

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
FWIW and I'm beginning to think that isn't much.

I installed 2.57 and everything is now working fine. Sentinal, ARC 436 and your program.

2.57 is working great just like it used to. Although I do miss the separate log screen. 3 or so rows of info just doesn't do it.

As I said before coincidence or more I have no clue but its all good now.

You can hide the settings panel and resize the window

mrkelso

Well based on the screen shot it looks like the program is idle.

When do you notice the slow ness is it when you are resizing windows and moving them around?

If so click the disconnect from scanner and then try it.

If its more responsive after doing that then it is something with the serial communications causing the lag.

Is the slowness there when you have the computer connected to the front of the scanner also?

I will check it on the front port tomorrow and let you know. the rear port speed is set to 115200 i'll check the front speed tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.