Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Checked this morning with V.09 and loaded MS speech V11. It ran with TTS for almost 6 mins before crashing. I guess I'm just gonna have to enjoy without it. Thanks for your hard work.

What error message is it giving you now?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Same thing, don't worry about me. I can go without it. Thanks for trying.

Its driving me nuts, I think I finally figured it out.

On some systems when windows TTS is called it will generate a FPU error that error is passed back to the calling program and it crashes the program.

I had to figure out what FPU errors to ignore so it would not crash the program.

I think I have that part figured out as I told it to ignore all of them that were generated by TTS that create FPU warnings or errors.

Try version .10 and let me know.

<see newer post for download link>

So far it is working great on my windows 7 computer that was having problems 30 minutes without a issue before it was a few minutes.

Now running over an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Its driving me nuts, I think I finally figured it out.

On some systems when windows TTS is called it will generate a FPU error that error is passed back to the calling program and it crashes the program.

I had to figure out what FPU errors to ignore so it would not crash the program.

I think I have that part figured out as I told it to ignore all of them that were generated by TTS that create FPU warnings or errors.

Try version .10 and let me know.

So far it is working great on my windows 7 computer that was having problems 30 minutes without a issue before it was a few minutes.

Now running over an hour.

It seems to work here too! I think you got it! I will re-test when I get back. Thanks.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I think you got it! It's still running, abt 45 mins, and no hiccups so far. Now I gotta change some of the names to make them sound sane..Thanks for the work you do!

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Here is how text to speech works it reads the last two big boxes.

Department and then channel

If department contains text that is on channel it will only read channel.

For example if Department is Allen Fire, and Channel is Allen Fire Dispatch 1 it will only read Allen Fire Dispatch 1 rather than saying Allen Fire twice. Its a very simple check but works well with the RR database layout concerning the naming of.

NYRHKY94

Vonskie:

Again, thanks for providing this very useful tool to the RR community. Thanks also for the cost ;-) I'm sure you've seen the numerous requests for a resizeable window. Is that a posibility for a future version?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Vonskie:

Again, thanks for providing this very useful tool to the RR community. Thanks also for the cost ;-) I'm sure you've seen the numerous requests for a resizeable window. Is that a posibility for a future version?

Yes I wanted to get it stable with TTS before adding features. As I have time I will add to it.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New version .11

You can resize it.

Change the font height with the slider, go to settings and hide them then resize the window.

tommypierson

New version .11

You can resize it.

Change the font height with the slider, go to settings and hide them then resize the window.

Vonskie for president, WOW now only if Uniden would hire you for firmware updates and we would be all set =)

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
OK, found a problem with this version.

I downloaded the new file. Plugged in my scanner like every other time to test this program, selected the serial option and it disconnects from the PC. I tried to select my com port and the program froze up. It shows the Disconnect scanner etc... on the screen.

What I then tried was keeping the program opened and unplugged the USB from the PC plugged back and DID NOT select any option on the scanner. I then connected to my com port and the program showed the information from the screen. I then selected the serial option and it went back to showing disconnect cable etc....

Remember all has been working for me up until this release.

Thank you.

Asus Laptop running Windows 7 with 15 core intel

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
OK, found a problem with this version.

I downloaded the new file. Plugged in my scanner like every other time to test this program, selected the serial option and it disconnects from the PC. I tried to select my com port and the program froze up. It shows the Disconnect scanner etc... on the screen.

What I then tried was keeping the program opened and unplugged the USB from the PC plugged back and DID NOT select any option on the scanner. I then connected to my com port and the program showed the information from the screen. I then selected the serial option and it went back to showing disconnect cable etc....

Remember all has been working for me up until this release.

Thank you.

Asus Laptop running Windows 7 with 15 core intel

I have not changed any com stuff just display cosmetics.

Sometimes on my scanner I have to turn it off and on and then select the serial option, then connect to scanner to get it running. I think there night be a bug in the firmware.

Another thing to check is see if via task manager you have two copies of it running if you do kill them both and relaunch.

Dafe1er

Playing with it still.

It drops out of serial mode when selected on the 436. You hear the connect sound when plugged in then when selecting the serial "." option it makes the unplugged sound. Opened device manager and see the comport of 6 with no warning. I reloaded the driver for the 436 and restated the PC and still have no luck.

I had it working for a few minutes but then unplugged to see if it would continue to work and it did not. Just kept freezing up this software until I unplugged the scanner and USB.

Dafe1er

I have not changed any com stuff just display cosmetics.

Sometimes on my scanner I have to turn it off and on and then select the serial option, then connect to scanner to get it running. I think there night be a bug in the firmware.

Another thing to check is see if via task manager you have two copies of it running if you do kill them both and relaunch.

I was posting my above when you posted this.

I did not think to restart the scanner and sure enough that did it. I only had one showing up in Device manager.

So, there is something wrong with the firmware on the scanner then. Got to love it.

Thank you. sorry for the trouble.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Playing with it still.

It drops out of serial mode when selected on the 436. You hear the connect sound when plugged in then when selecting the serial "." option it makes the unplugged sound. Opened device manager and see the comport of 6 with no warning. I reloaded the driver for the 436 and restated the PC and still have no luck.

I had it working for a few minutes but then unplugged to see if it would continue to work and it did not. Just kept freezing up this software until I unplugged the scanner and USB.

Most of the time restarting the scanner, then clicking the "." to put it in serial mode should fix it

Dafe1er

Is there a way to get it to recognize Icall's?

It shows the info in the bottom left hand corner, but nothing on the screen to make the TTS say it is in Icall mode. Not a big deal to me but, I was wondering since this is the only type of system it does not announce that I have seen so far.

Thanks again.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to get it to recognize Icall's?

It shows the info in the bottom left hand corner, but nothing on the screen to make the TTS say it is in Icall mode. Not a big deal to me but, I was wondering since this is the only type of system it does not announce that I have seen so far.

Thanks again.

can you do a screen shot on here to show me what an icall is.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Here is the command I am sending to the scanner GLG and a break down of the fields it sends me.

Which one are you referring to?

GLG,[FRQ/TGID],[MOD],[ATT],[CTCSS/DCS],[NAME1],[NAME2],[NAME3],[SQL],[MUT][\r]

[FRQ/TGID] : Frequency or TGID
[MOD] : Modulation (AM/FM/NFM/WFM)
[ATT] : Attenuation (0:OFF / 1:ON)
[CTCSS/DCS] : CTCSS/DCS Status (0-231: see CTCSS/DCS Code List)
[NAME1] : System or Search Name
[NAME2] : Group Name
[NAME3] : Channel Name
[SQL] : Squelch Status (0:CLOSE / 1:OPEN)
[MUT] : Mute Status (0:OFF / 1:ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.