Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
By the way, if I don't turn on TTS, it works all day! So that rules out the comm port and the USB connection. I will chk my TTS settings and see what up.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Newer version .06

Made a small change to TTS

<see newer post for download link>

Last edited by a moderator:

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Error with TTS

I hope the attachment is hanging on here. It's the original error. I turned off all sounds except the program, checked the TTS settings and still dumps.

Attachments

• i-o err.jpg
    i-o err.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 371

kd7eir

Since the program, including TTS is working for it seems 99.9% of users, and the program works fine for you if you turn off TTS, I am going to say that the issue is something SPECIFIC to your system, and it's TTS engine. Are you using built in TTS or an aftermarket program? Do you have all updates installed?

Have you tried using TTS in other applications (such as having it read a book)?

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Hey KD7EIR, are U a member of Cactus? Yes, I agree it may be something here, but on two machines? plus it works like a charm without TTS. Anyway, you can't beat the price, and TTS is just a luxury since everything is right her in front of me, so no biggie. Yes it will read messages, I am completely updated, and I also use the latest version of the software.

kd7eir

Hey KD7EIR, are U a member of Cactus? Yes, I agree it may be something here, but on two machines? plus it works like a charm without TTS. Anyway, you can't beat the price, and TTS is just a luxury since everything is right her in front of me, so no biggie. Yes it will read messages, I am completely updated, and I also use the latest version of the software.

Hi Chuck, I am not a member of Cactus. I really should try getting a recommendation to join.

I personally found the TTS to interfere with hearing the actual transmissions, but it's still a good option.

mrkelso

I find the program works well except for one little thing, When there is a hit while the hit is still going on the information is off the screen to fast to be able to read it all, There needs to be a slight delay before the info goes away.

Good Job

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New version

Does more checking of the data returned from scanner to make sure its valid.

Ver .07

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
On some computers when using the Microsoft TTS the TTS engine at times returns and error. Not sure what is causing this.

If this happens to you let me know.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
V.07 does it too..cashes with TTS after 3 mins. And the version of TTS is 8.0, not sure, but I think it is the latest.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
V.07 does it too..cashes with TTS after 3 mins. And the version of TTS is 8.0, not sure, but I think it is the latest.

Try this newer version .08 just changed some compiler switches.

Let me know.

dougjgray

I have played with remoting the home patrol and the command is different ('RMT\tSTATUS\tchksum\r') thats why this program doesnt work with this program. Even the check sum appears to be reqiured

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I have played with remoting the home patrol and the command is different ('RMT\tSTATUS\tchksum\r') thats why this program doesnt work with this program. Even the check sum appears to be reqiured

how is the check sum calculated, the docs I found was confusing.

dougjgray

how is the check sum calculated, the docs I found was confusing.

it was confusing but really fairly simple checksum, its a 2 byte data, short type integer in C# and it is a summation of each character including the tabs (\t) and then append it to the end of the line after the final \t and end it with a \r (Return I think its called) I will paste some code from C#:

String CheckSum(String SS)
{
short Sum = 0;
for (int i = 0; i < SS.Length; i++)
{
Sum += (short) SS;
}
return Sum.ToString();
}

and code for the 'RMT\tSTATUS\t':

Command = "RMT\tSTATUS\t";
serialPort1.WriteLine(Command + CheckSum(Command) + "\r");

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Very fine program indeed!

I have done a lot of renaming and saved the FL as FL voice to get the proper verbal info I want.

However, for whatever reason the program will not run more than about 5 to 7 minutes on Windows 7 bit without failing to respond to the scanner. The last info generated stays on the screen but it will no longer react to the scanner.

The program does not crash when the info on the screen freezes since I can click on the button “Disconnect from Scanner” and it does so without generating an error message. The only error message I have ever received is “Floating Point Overflow” (twice) and when that happens it will disconnect the scanner from the program.

Of course it could be Windows Text to Speech program that has the problem and fails to continue to successfully hand-shake with the scanner.

Thanks for giving us something to play with that is actually useful for when I cannot see the display I can listen and tell who is talking by the “text to speech” announcements.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
it was confusing but really fairly simple checksum, its a 2 byte data, short type integer in C# and it is a summation of each character including the tabs (\t) and then append it to the end of the line after the final \t and end it with a \r (Return I think its called) I will paste some code from C#:

String CheckSum(String SS)
{
short Sum = 0;
for (int i = 0; i < SS.Length; i++)
{
Sum += (short) SS;
}
return Sum.ToString();
}

and code for the 'RMT\tSTATUS\t':

Command = "RMT\tSTATUS\t";
serialPort1.WriteLine(Command + CheckSum(Command) + "\r");

thanks
Very much

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New version .09 you can now set the rate of speech, set it to about 6 and it will zoom through the text to speech and you will miss little if any of the audio transmission from the scanner.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Checked this morning with V.09 and loaded MS speech V11. It ran with TTS for almost 6 mins before crashing. I guess I'm just gonna have to enjoy without it. Thanks for your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.