SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) updated

thewraith2008

This error occurs when Sdrsharp is executed and if continue is selected it occurs again
The only way to work properly is to open the Freqman inbox as Dockable.
If the pulgin is minimised the error reappears.
Windows Version W10: Home 20H2 19042.685, 64 Bits
I have tried to have only this Pulgin and the error persists.
The bug with all versions of Freqman.
With SdrSharp version 1.00.1700 it works OK
I have tried to perform a clean installation and the error persists.

Thank you very much for your effort
Not sure why you are having a problem.
Both my Win7 and Win10 setups (SDR# 1784) are working. (even when minimized)

How is your SDR# and FreqMan plug-in configured?

Latest version (v1.1.2.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

Sportg

Not sure why you are having a problem.
Both my Win7 and Win10 setups (SDR# 1784) are working. (even when minimized)

How is your SDR# and FreqMan plug-in configured?

Latest version (v1.1.2.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

I have been investigating the error with different settings and if I disable the Track VFO Frequency option in Freqman the error disappears.
If I activate this option again and move the cursor to a frequency stored in the Frecuencies.xml memory, the error will appear again.

thewraith2008

This is an update (v1.1.3.0) to the Frequency Manager - FreqMan plug-in for SDR#.

A large part of this update is to have to plug-in UI be more compatible with SDR# 1732+ (Telerik + dock control).
Other things where also done to improve the plug-in over all. (see changelog.txt)

This plug-in version adds/changes and fixes some items:
Code:

Changed: Restored the alternating line colour in frequency list

Fixed: 'Window 8' theme caused a crash on SDR# start-up when plug-in side panel visible.

Fixed: Auto scrollbar hiding
- Selected index was lost when 'Tracking VFO frequency' was used.

Added: Option to disable auto scrollbar hiding

Added: Context menu (right click) to frequency list
- Can now 'Edit', 'Delete' entries.

Changed: Groups dropbox display height
- Display all entries with no scrollbar so long as it does not extend past plug-in window bottom.
  Scrollbar will still show if list is longer than plug-in window.

Changed: Spectrum/Waterfall labels
- Reserve top row of display for the tuned VFO frequency label. (only when 'Only active' is disabled)
  This should make the tuned frequency label easier to see. (+ the green bold font)
  This should stop the tuned VFO frequency label from been occasionally over written on bottom of display
   when there are many labels to display.

There is no PDF Documentation
- Usage is fairly straight forward to use.
- Some basic documentation is supplied within the archive.

see 'changelog.txt' for full listing and details of changes/fixes and new features.

Documentation has been created to help with it's installation and usage, please read it.
NOTE: Support is not guaranteed. Especially if the answers are contained in the documentation or on this forum.

Testing has mainly been done with SDR# 1784.
Very limited testing has been done with SDR# 1766.
Limited testing has been done with SDR# 1700.
NOTE: SDR# has been going through some changes (1732+) and it's new features may see this plug-in play up.

Please report issues here.

Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH: e3c504411281b92eb17e14ebd2e528d3

thewraith2008

Just a note:

The frequency column shows more than just 'MHz' (Hz, KHz, MHz, GHz), for this reason this will not be changed.
I understand the restrictions that pre-SDR# 1778 has on the side panel.
This has always been the case and the only way around it, is to use SDR# 1778+ where you can resize it to your liking.

Same applies to the 'Name' column in regards to width of column (which is auto sizing and cannot be resized manually or saved)
NOTE: If the 'Name' text is bigger than the field width, it will also be shown as as Tooltip (as it always has).

I'm currently reluctant to add the ability to change font for the frequency list.
This maybe an issue for the consistent look of theming in SDR#.

Anyway thanks to all for suggestions.

Latest version (v1.1.3.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

hamradionl

The frequency column shows more than just 'MHz' (Hz, KHz, MHz, GHz), for this reason this will not be changed.
What shows more? I only see the frequency :)
Work around,
for those with Small monitor screen, when load manager on Right side SDR# its possible to move freqmanager screen under the "zoom" this way get same result or just load on left again. 1700 not work "Scan only enabled in manager".

ewijkamp

@thewraith2008
You are The Man!
Thank you for updating the FreqMan plugin, enjoying the new versions.

Indeed, introducing that Telerik interface gives a lot of problems with compatibility.
I now use the 1732 version, that works on i5 computers but doesn't shut down normal on dual core computers (the ones that I used to use before). Telerik, as used in later versions, works out the same on dual core computers (not shutting down), I'm not happy with it.
At Scouting we use many Dual Core computers, so we can't use new versions of SDR-Sharp any more.

Found a small FreqMan problem with the selected and coloured frequency.
We use more groups, containing the same frequencies used in other countries by other stations.
Now all the same frequencies in my list are shown messy on top, in one unreadable coloured line.

Maybe it is an idea to show only the first one in the list in color, and the rest normal as the other frequencies.
If you want, I can send you a list of 10.000++ frequencies (for SDR-Sharp) that I/we use at Scouting, for having an idea how bands and frequencies are used or were beiing used.

It is really nice to see that the list of groups is shown full length now, kudos for you!
Keep up the good work, appreciate it very much!
All in one line.pngLong list.png

BackHive67

The Wraith... I really like the latest version, many thanks for your work. It's much easier now to read the frequency display and the check box for the scroll bar is a great addition - (I didn't like it jumping when I 'moused over' it). Context menu and long Group list are appreciated also.
The only issue I see with this version is when tuning to a station (say, on HF) that has more than one entry for a given frequency, the two (or more) labels are printed on top of each other on the top row. Perhaps, if they were printed side by side it would be much better ? Much appreciated.

Terry

hamradionl

Latest version (v1.1.3.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
SDR# 1700 + FREQ manager + scanner
Is my notice correct, that look like the noise floor in scanner is slower refreshing? Possible something to do SDR# freq is jumping? Because i not seen this in other version. it a little bit "busy" on the screen.
Channel name Grey out in Manager is nice, nice extra those "NEW unknown" colored bar :)

thewraith2008

@ewijkamp

Thanks for the feedback.
I have added a fix for the duplicates of labels for the tuned VFO overwriting each other.

I was going to post an image, but the image host has fallen over (not working because of heavy load)

If you want, I can send you a list of 10.000++ frequencies (for SDR-Sharp) that I/we use at Scouting, for having an idea how bands and frequencies are used or were beiing used.
This would be handy for testing if you could do this.
Send me a PM with the link to file to download.
Thanks.

Update version (v1.1.3.1) can be found here: MEGA - Download

ewijkamp

Oops, I wrote my messages to you in the wrong topic.. :rolleyes:
Tried to find a way to mail you for sending the Freq list, didn't find it yet...

FYI
Have a topic on a Dutch forum about RTL-SDR and SDR-Sharp... may be something for you or other interested users?
[/URL]

My module B has 8 x 5 = 40 hard coded presets, would love to have them in a menu with hotkeys (so hard coding isn't neccessary anymore):

With the new SDR-Sharp I'll have to wait for Edward, I think he's working on an update of the Accessibility Plugin.
That one doesn't work right since the Telerik introduction too... :(

Guys, keep up the gooed work!
Now I'll join the family again.. :)

thewraith2008

@ewijkamp

Just zip up the frequency list then upload to a file hosting service (I use MEGA) and send me the link to file in a PM.
I know you can attach file(s) via this forum but I don't know what the size limits are anymore.

To anyone:
What is the most duplicates you have for any given frequency in your database?
I ask because I'm looking at arranging the duplicates at top of screen.

Latest version (v1.1.3.1) can be found here: MEGA - Download

morfis

@ewijkamp

Just zip up the frequency list then upload to a file hosting service (I use MEGA) and send me the link to file in a PM.

To anyone:
What is the most duplicates you have for any given frequency in your database?

You had PMs turned OFF so unless you have altered that then he can't PM you.

Most duplicates - none. Can't see any usefulness in having duplicates and for 10000 entries I'd be using a relational database (or even a flatform database such as a spreadsheet) not an xml formatted file with so little flexability for storing information. I am therfore of no use at all ;)

ewijkamp

@morfis
Indeed it was turned off, now it is on, sorry.
thewraith2008, it seems that you can drop me a message ;-).

Yep, I do have a Excel file and use that for my xml list. Works fine, only ASCII set and no other characters.
For having an indication it works (at scouting) and for many other frequencies it's nice to have.

The file was shared on my internet site (www.wijkamp.com/sdr) but many comments about: when you make it, do it right and control it.. but users never informed me about new frequencies, so it was always a one way road... I have collected many lists during the time I had health problems and many items are old now, and not in use. But kids are quite interested in: where was it to find and how did they use it then, so it was always nice to have. In Excel I can select parts and use them for my own list.
And.. the list has items that I receive in other countries where I'm interested in or have been.. it is still expanding. Once the list was over 14k items and I decided to make it a little shorter.. Track VFO couldn't
handle it (and still can't), so that option is switched off (my radio computer by then was a Dual Core HP Touch screen).

I was about to post a comment about the "duplicate" issue but it seems I'm a bit late !
Here are, anyway, my screenshots, speaking for themselves.
Only 2 frequencies here, but I have up to 5 ones.

FM1.JPG

FM2.JPG

ewijkamp

@theWraith008
Sorry for not answering, I'm now using FreqMan_v1.1.3.1. in SDR# 1784:
Not only the tuned station is highlighted (colored), also the stations on the left and right are (see enclosed picture).

When there are many stations on the same frequencies, the waterfall gets extra bright and I can't see the station names.
I know it was and still is, no problem to me.
With less stations (see enclosed picture 003) I like the highlighted option but stations on the L and R too..

Maybe it has a relation with the BandPlan plugin?
<RangeEntry minFrequency="87500000" maxFrequency="108000000" color="90F08080" mode="WFM" step="100000"> BC CCIR 3m FM 3m </RangeEntry>

I see 'Rows in table', it is adjustable but I've never used it..
It seems that it doesn't work too but what function should it have?

Kudos for you continuing this plugin!!

Attachments

• FreqMan001 (Klein).png
    FreqMan001 (Klein).png
    101.7 KB · Views: 29
  • FreqMan001a (Klein).png
    FreqMan001a (Klein).png
    143.5 KB · Views: 29
  • FreqMan002 (Klein).png
    FreqMan002 (Klein).png
    186.4 KB · Views: 28
  • FreqMan002a (Klein).png
    FreqMan002a (Klein).png
    221.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FreqMan003 (Klein).png
    FreqMan003 (Klein).png
    199.7 KB · Views: 29
  • FreqMan003a (Klein).png
    FreqMan003a (Klein).png
    230.4 KB · Views: 26

thewraith2008

I'm not sure what can be done about what you are seeing when you are using a database with so many entries and duplicates.

Latest version (v1.1.3.1) can be found here: MEGA - Download

ewijkamp

@theWraith008

Sor this example I have only 20 FM Broadcast stations in my list now, and near the selected one (marked green) the frequency also lights up colored (marked red).
If there was one on the left, it should have lightened up also.
So it is not only the selected freq that is marked as lightened up.

And, as I wrote:
When there are many stations on the same frequencies, the waterfall gets extra bright and I can't see the station names.
I know it was and still is, no problem to me. I do understand that it is a problem that I have created myself.. 'no problemo'
(y)

Attachments

• FreqMan004a (Middel).png
    FreqMan004a (Middel).png
    225.6 KB · Views: 26

thewraith2008

Announcement

If you wish to try out the pre-release of SDR# (v1785 which uses .NET 5), you will need to use a different "Magic line" in the Plugins.xml file.
Code:
  <add key="FreqMan" value="SDRSharp.FreqMan.FreqManPlugin,SDRSharp.FreqMan" />
I don't know why this has changed. Something on the SDR# side.

A issue that exists in this pre-release version (1785) is that both Frequency Managers are now visible.
If you want to use the FreqMan version then don't make any changes via the standard SDR# frequency manager as this will overwrite any new/used elements that FreqMan uses in the database (frequencies.xml).
Also the database (frequencies.xml) for each plug-in is only loaded at SDR# start, changes done in one Frequency Manager won't appear in the other one.

As far as I can tell, the latest version Frequency Manager (FreqMan) plug-in works OK in the pre-release SDR# (v1785).

Latest version (v1.1.4.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download

thewraith2008

Announcement #2

A change has been made to SDR# pre-release 1785 RC2 where default plug-ins can now be overridden.
This means when you wish to use 'FreqMan' Frequency Manager, only one Frequency Manager will now show in SDR#, not two.

Don't try and be clever and run both, you will end up losing data from your database.

So now to have FreqMan override the default SDR# Frequency Manager, you need to revert back to the old "Magic line" in the Plugins.xml file.

Code:
  <add key="Frequency Scanner" value="SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.FrequencyScannerPlugin,SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner" />

Latest version (v1.1.4.0) can be found here:MEGA - Download